New, New TardisBuilders!

Lego consoles

Started by ripintime, Sep 07, 2010, 03:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ripintime

Sep 07, 2010, 03:05 pm Last Edit: Nov 01, 2010, 06:48 pm by ripintime
Here are the first few

-4.jpg                                -3.jpg

The first one                                                                                          Not great pictures of this one...
                                                                                                        Based on the 11th doctors console it has another console under neath..

-2.jpg                            -1.jpg

Ripintime ;D
:)Ripintime:)

ripintime

1.jpg                         2.jpg                                       

3.jpg                         4.jpg

ripintime

5.jpg                                           6.jpg

7.jpg                                         8.jpg 

The latest one

So what do you think of them?
Ripintime ;D

ripintime

And another:

1.jpg                                                2.jpg
As you may be able to see, this one has 6 sides.

3.jpg
i used these hinge pieces i found to do this.

ripintime

I also made a tardis based on the one from the Lodger:

4.jpg                                          5.jpg

6.jpg

this was quite hard to do because i had to figger out how to attach the panels in the right way.

superrichi1a

Actually, Ripintime, lego consoles of any sort never really impress me much, because I'm sure it's something a lot of us have done over the years. BUT, that Lodger console has seriously shocked me. As far as Lego goes, that is abseloutly fantastic and very accurate. You should be proud of yourself :)
On a side note, it's nice to see someone using their imagination with Lego these days. All these purpose built kits and pieces for kits (Such as complex Star Wars Lego etc.) are silly. It undermines the point of Lego, that you have to build it. They might as well make one huge AT-AT lego brick for all the good it does Lego lol. So really, well done on that too :D
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

ripintime

and finally one based on the 8th doctors tardis:

7.jpg                                  8.jpg
                                                                    as you can see it is not touching the floor,held up by the timerotor.

9.jpg

thats all for now(again)

ripintime

Quote from: superrichi1a on Nov 01, 2010, 06:42 pm
Actually, Ripintime, lego consoles of any sort never really impress me much, because I'm sure it's something a lot of us have done over the years. BUT, that Lodger console has seriously shocked me. As far as Lego goes, that is abseloutly fantastic and very accurate. You should be proud of yourself :)
On a side note, it's nice to see someone using their imagination with Lego these days. All these purpose built kits and pieces for kits (Such as complex Star Wars Lego etc.) are silly. It undermines the point of Lego, that you have to build it. They might as well make one huge AT-AT lego brick for all the good it does Lego lol. So really, well done on that too :D

Thanks! it took a bit of thinking and scavenging for parts :)

galafray

Quote from: superrichi1a on Nov 01, 2010, 06:42 pm

agreed!!!!!  especially with:
QuoteThey might as well make one huge AT-AT lego brick for all the good it does Lego lol. So really, well done on that too :D

and yes you should be impresed with yourself ripintime!!!