Apr 20, 2024, 05:21 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

TARDIS loo door

Started by max_richards, Aug 31, 2010, 06:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rocket

Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.

exleo

oooo even appears to have a built in wine cellar ;D

geminitimelord

Quote from: exleo on Sep 01, 2010, 12:48 pm
oooo even appears to have a built in wine cellar ;D

That is what I was thinking. Wasnt sure however if it was wine.

philipw

It really is such a great idea and to call it a turdis door is fantastic. With a wine cellar. It just never stops giving. ;-)

DoctorWho8

I see you kept the original door in place too.  So I guess if it gets really bad in there with the Slitheen, you can dead lock the doors. ;)
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

superrichi1a

That is actually really nice! (But why the loo? Does The Doctor of the house really need it that bad?) I'm actually slightly dissapointed seeing this, the workmanship and effort gone into this has created something truly spectacular, and, yet, I find myself dissapointed because it's not a whole box. I've never seen a better TYJ box before, you have created something that looks just incredible, and if it had been a whole box it really would have been out of this world (pun intended). :)
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

max_richards

Thank you for your kind comments.  I did want a complete box but I have nowhere to put in inside and my garden is relatively small.  Also I didn't want to worry about weatherproofing etc. Lastly just that one side has cost me over £150.

rob49152

thats pretty awesome! If you leave the original inner door you should look at getting it covered with some TARDIS console room image.

rocket

Quote from: rob49152 on Sep 02, 2010, 08:19 pm
thats pretty awesome! If you leave the original inner door you should look at getting it covered with some TARDIS console room image.

...or paint it white and add roundels so it looks like the inner doors of the classic series Tardis ;)

I think this is a great project, and as soon as I've completed my current build I just might talk the wife into letting me do one of these.
Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.

the_temporal_mechanic

Wonderful craftsmanship.   :)  It looks great with the recessed lighting from the ceiling as well.

sanguinewolf

OMG that is soo ace, I showed the missus and she went NO..... lol

im gonna sulk now for a few days, heehhe, when i come back to uk .. im gonna build a full size one anyway lol :P hahhaha  thou if i put it in the house i might end up sleeping on the sofa, lol nah shes kool she likes dr who just not as much as me lol :P

cyberstephen

I like the way you've made what is usually called 'the smallest room in the house' into the Tardis!  ;)
Stephen

Organic Mechanic

Water Closet/TARDIS/...Wine Cellar? That is one busy room!

Seriously awesome job man. Love it.

mechanoid

Hey, that's brilliant and brought a real smile to my face! Fantastic!

I bet you are flushed with pride!

Sorry, awful joke!

flipperth

Fantastic - already got one set of TARDIS doors in the house though. Never get away with another!