Apr 19, 2024, 03:02 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Time Wars Sonic

Started by eddyc, Aug 29, 2010, 09:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

eddyc

Aug 29, 2010, 09:08 pm Last Edit: Aug 29, 2010, 09:14 pm by Scarfwearer
I read in a recent post (sorry I can't find it again) Someone was wondering what the 8th to 9th Doctors' Sonic would look like?

The classic sonic with changes to fill in between the 8th and 9th Doctors' Sonics.

Here's the Time Wars Sonic that I designed and will build.

Sonic1.5.JPG

I hope you like it.

superrichi1a

An excelent design, sir! :) Although, I never personally considered the Sonic Screwdriver to "evolve" from one model to the next, I just assumed that, since both the new series console have ports to "create external tools", Eccle's sonic was was shunted out his console in much the same undignified way that Matt's was. Personally, I think this looks more of "How the 80's Sonic Screwdriver SHOULD Have Been - A more Exciting Design For A Less Exciting Time" (couldn't resist that last bit ;) ). But, it is really a lovely piece, I look forward to seeing it materialise on your workbench!
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

Captain_Zaphod

Quote from: eddyc on Aug 29, 2010, 09:08 pm
I read in a recent post (sorry I can't find it again) Someone was wondering what the 8th to 9th Doctors' Sonic would look like?

The classic sonic with changes to fill in between the 8th and 9th Doctors' Sonics.

Here's the Time Wars Sonic that I designed and will build.

I hope you like it.

Pretty cool.

I'm working out a design, for a transition model myself.

Need time to work our a sketch (don't have any rendering/CAD programs).

But here...I've worked with your design as  a base.  McGann's TARDIS, is very steampunk, so, I'm going with a brass-tone sonic.  I've rotated the emitter by 90° and added the light at the end.  Widened & shortened the grip.  As well as adding a little texture to the grip.  To keep with the steampunk appearance, I'm even considering leather wrapped around the grip.

timewarssonic.jpg

greatwazoo42

Nice variation on the design.