Mar 29, 2024, 05:19 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

How to wear a Scarf

Started by Scarfwearer, Aug 27, 2010, 07:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarfwearer

Aug 27, 2010, 07:02 pm Last Edit: Aug 22, 2012, 06:24 pm by Scarfwearer
A 24 foot scarf is not your average fashion accessory, so wearing it demands a certain discipline.
To wear it in such a way that you don't trip over it, you need to arrange it so it doesn't trail on the ground.
Here's how to do that:

Step 1 - arrange one end to hang at a sensible height
step1.jpg

Step 2 - arrange the other end to hang at a sensible height as well
step2.jpg

Step 3 - loop the long loop around your neck (or face) a couple of times
step3.jpg

Step 4 - and you're ready to save planets
step4.jpg

There are other ways to wear it:

There's the long trail...
pose2.jpg

The neck warmer....
pose3.jpg

The cat walk look (not recommended)....
pose4.jpg

A family photo - on our way to the recording studio....
road.jpg

we had to go back for the hatstand....
road2.jpg

and this one just because.
wrap.jpg

Crispin

cathlyn847

Silly & wonderful. LOL  ;D
What would the Doctor do?

superrichi1a

Hehehe, well that's excelent. I find my personal favourite is to hang the two ends at a sensible heihg, then wrap the loop around your neck once, then let the remaining loop fall felly to hang around your waist. Although, I think wearing it like this made Tom Baker look fat in some of his storied, when in truth he was dengerously underweight.
:) Love the family one, do you have a dog? If so you should give one end to him!
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

geminitimelord

I will still hold to my theory that you have somehow Mangled your face in some industrial accident. However Jon did swear he actually saw your face when he visited last year so hmmmmm Not sure...

masteriii

Another theory holds that Scarfwearer is in fact the future incarnation of another member on the forums and he has somehow found himself transported to the past. He must hide his true identity from his earlier self so as to not create a paradox.

chriskingbees

This is so far off-topic I am reporting it to the Administrator ;D

KB

galacticprobe

Quote from: masteriii on Aug 28, 2010, 04:40 am
Another theory holds that Scarfwearer is in fact the future incarnation of another member on the forums and he has somehow found himself transported to the past. He must hide his true identity from his earlier self so as to not create a paradox.

Touched by an angel, was he? (Sent back here so he could live to death?)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Rassilons Rod

In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

crispin

Aug 28, 2010, 10:56 am #8 Last Edit: Aug 28, 2010, 11:03 am by Crispin
OMG!! Scarfwearer is a future ME??? And I jus thoguht he was a bit touched! Woah thats weird...  :o

from Cr1sp1n

Doctor Iz

Crispin,

I love the tutorial on the scarf.  I am  going to start practicing now for the up coming fall and winter season. 

Cheers,
Jon
(http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/jonizdo/Logos/DRIZ_rev20080226copy-2.jpg)

geminitimelord

Quote from: masteriii on Aug 28, 2010, 04:40 am

BRILLIANT!  Crispin is really one of us hmmmm Maybe he is me regenerated? Would explain his soft spot for me and fact he hasnt booted me from the forum yet. LOL

fruns

This comment is a bit late in the day but, personally, I think there is something in your long, dark, cold English winters which affects your sanity. For better or for worse, though, I'm not sure.

Scarfwearer

I'm not sure I can blame the long, dark, cold English winters for this one. :)

Crispin

Rassilons Rod

Thats more true for where I am (Finland) and any of us who are in Canada.

As Brit myself, I can vouch for the lack of long-ness and or dark-ness ;)

Might just be that Crispin is a little eccentric. Though aren't we all? I mean look at us... Who but a bunch of eccentric wierdos would love blue boxes as much as we do? :D

-Marc
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

type_1012_tardis

Quote from: rassilonsrod on Nov 08, 2010, 04:10 am
Who but a bunch of eccentric wierdos would love blue boxes as much as we do? :D

-Marc

Torchwood maybe? (the pre-season 2 finale incarnation, specifically)
Or daleks trying once again to uncover how the timelords' tardises work, so they can replace their fifth-rate time corridors with "inferior" timelord technology.

type1012 out,
end of line
The ultimate TARDIS of ultimate destiny.  Type 1012.  Now with extra duct tape.