Apr 25, 2024, 03:05 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Update of my 2002 TARDIS

Started by rob49152, Aug 26, 2010, 06:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rassilons Rod

Top work my friend :)

One thing I would say though is that the cushion cover texture is showing the tiling a bit too strongly. Can I suggest the sides might be a plainer fabric, or just not with the black central pattern?
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

psion

Outstanding! A room full of Easter eggs!

May I ask what book is being used to prop up the Victrola table?

rob49152

the TARDIS manual from the mid 80s :)

Rassilons Rod

I just spotted River Song's diary, I guess rather like Doc Brown, he figured.... "what the hell..." (cue cheesy music) :D
Public Enema Number One.

rob49152

That's actually the Doctors diary as seen in The Impossible Astronaut. On the shelf is also the Melody Malone book.

Can anyone name all the stuff and where its from?

Rassilons Rod

Ah true. It does look different now I look again :)

I've done this game before though, so I'll give others a chance before I pipe up :)
Public Enema Number One.

tony farrell

Quote from: rob49152 on Jan 17, 2013, 10:10 pm
That's actually the Doctors diary as seen in The Impossible Astronaut. On the shelf is also the Melody Malone book.

Can anyone name all the stuff and where its from?

Are you going to be offering prizes Rob?  ;D

Rassilons Rod

Public Enema Number One.

Rassilons Rod

One of the hardest things here is to decide what's new and what was already there ;)

I do see the new paradime dalek eye stalk and a NS cybermat.

"End of the world" spideryrobot.

The 1967 LU tin is definitely new ;)

There's some interesting stuff next to the Eye of Saur Ragnarok that I can't identify and a silver disc on the shelf to the right.

Also some stuff in the bottom left I don't recognise... Someone else can earn their name on a book with that :)
Public Enema Number One.

galacticprobe

Jan 20, 2013, 06:11 am #309 Last Edit: Jan 20, 2013, 06:13 am by galacticprobe
Right in front of the Eye of Ragnarok is the Demat Circuit. I'm not sure what that disc is either.

Bottom left? I can see another of those computer tape reel carrying cases (like on the top left shelf, back, behind the little black cubes) and the Byzantium's Home Box (as it was when taken from the museum). A book just sticking out above that (which I can't make out) and next to that a silvery thingy in a black box with an antenna/aerial (possibly the Doctor's "Beware Sutekh" signal detector?).

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

the mister

this whole thing is just nuts! I love it. You're incredible.

Vale

I'll be intrigued to see how "Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS" affect things here... although there are a few things I hope you'll ignore, I think the Architectural Reconfiguration System and the Eye of Harmony have definite potential to work with this design.

rob49152

I've already started putting in some of the newer TARDIS elements.

The problem I am having is that while I LOVE the new look of the console there is not a lot that jumps out at me. It's very industrial looking. All the previous consoles had 'character' to their looks. This one is like the 5doc console in that there is too much generic and the great parts are lost. There are a few great parts but they are rather large and would be hard to work into this design.

At least thats how I feel.

That and the new hallways were generic sci-fi corridors with sliding doors.

But I am working on the library right now.

Vale

May 02, 2013, 10:56 pm #313 Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 10:57 pm by Vale
Quote from: rob49152 on May 02, 2013, 08:24 pm
I've already started putting in some of the newer TARDIS elements.

The problem I am having is that while I LOVE the new look of the console there is not a lot that jumps out at me. It's very industrial looking. All the previous consoles had 'character' to their looks. This one is like the 5doc console in that there is too much generic and the great parts are lost. There are a few great parts but they are rather large and would be hard to work into this design.

Yes, I've been referring to the current console room set as the "industrial desktop theme". Lots of metal, even compared to the scrappy 2005-2010 version. It's a tricky one because while this console looks a lot more functional than the 2011-2012 console, it looks a lot less visually interesting - although 2011-2012 seemed to have somewhat limited controls it had a hell of a lot of character.

QuoteThat and the new hallways were generic sci-fi corridors with sliding doors.

Keep your corridors as they are! They're the most perfect TARDIS corridor concepts I've ever seen! The only reason to keep those horribly bland corridors from "Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS" would be as those minor service corridors we talked about once - claustrophobic and crammed with wiring.

QuoteBut I am working on the library right now.

Looking forward to the library becoming even more awesome :)

type_1012_tardis

Hooray for the library updates!

End of Line
The ultimate TARDIS of ultimate destiny.  Type 1012.  Now with extra duct tape.