Apr 23, 2024, 11:53 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Update of my 2002 TARDIS

Started by rob49152, Aug 26, 2010, 06:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

type63

This is absolutely amazing. I found your 2002 Tardis a few years ago and I must say that it is brilliant. I personally preferred your original design to be honest but the work you have put in is amazing!

greatwazoo42

I need to check back here more often.  Beautiful work! 

Rassilons Rod

Quote from: Vale on Sep 29, 2012, 10:15 pm
Why aren't you working on the new series production team?

I'd also love to see Rob working with them. However, the commute might be a bit of a bugger ;)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

Vale

Well if current scuttlebutt is to be believed, Rob, you might soon have to integrate elements of yet another console room into your magnum opus... on the plus side, if the leaked image is what I think it is then it should go rather well on your console room ceiling.

rob49152

Quote from: Vale on Dec 08, 2012, 10:29 pm
Well if current scuttlebutt is to be believed, Rob, you might soon have to integrate elements of yet another console room into your magnum opus... on the plus side, if the leaked image is what I think it is then it should go rather well on your console room ceiling.

I plan too!! I am hoping to have some stuff worked in by new years to post. And I've done my own 'version' of the exterior shell. Again its a little bit of everything I've liked from all the boxes (Original series, cushing, TVM , NST & real life boxes)

rob49152

Quote from: Vale on Dec 08, 2012, 10:29 pm

Already started! here's test render..

image_120_004.jpg

I've also updated the area around the front Police Box doors and the sliding screens that separate the rooms. From these new images there's not a lot that I can 'borrow'

Rassilons Rod

They look like car speakers :D
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

rob49152

oh my god! They do!!!
Now I imagine the TARDIS going THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP as it spins by.

type_1012_tardis

Dec 22, 2012, 01:00 am #293 Last Edit: Dec 22, 2012, 10:49 am by Scarfwearer
Spoiler
Wait, leaked image?...

*mad scramble on google*

They're replacing the console room again?  I hope the console is no longer assembled of various odds and ends at the very least.
[close]

That being said, your TARDIS can go nowhere but up from here, good job.  And yes, they do look a lot like speakers.

End of Line
The ultimate TARDIS of ultimate destiny.  Type 1012.  Now with extra duct tape.

reversingpolarities

This is amazing! I don't suppose you have any images of the console in the room close up/in full (i.e. that raised area?) Would love to see it in full!

Many thanks!

galacticprobe

Dec 30, 2012, 06:10 am #295 Last Edit: Dec 30, 2012, 06:10 am by galacticprobe
If you mean the console in this thread, look back at pages 1 thru 3. (And after looking through this thread again, myself, I seriously wonder if someone at the Beeb's design department didn't check this console out before designing the new 2013 console. With the exception of that "plain" panel on the 2013 console, it seems to pull something from all previous console control panels from 1963 to the 2010, and the layout is very similar. Of course they added their own flare to the 2013 console, like that new column and the odd glowing panel and such.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

reversingpolarities

Many thanks- i was wondering whether one exists of the full console from top to bottom? A lot of those are close ups.

It really does remind me of the new TARDIS (which I can't wait for new images of to be released!)

rob49152

Well this console and room is something I've been working on in my spare time for years and will never be finished. I've been trying to work some of the new elements into the room but frankly I'm finding them hard to work with because they are a)similar to what I already have in some cases b)radically different and I need to rethink some things c)just rather boring.

don't get me wrong I love the new console room. Going back to a machine look is what I wanted them to do since 2005. But the new console is rather boring in a way. I have no problems with buttons, levers and switches (in fact I love them) but I feel as there needs to be something interesting to their placement which suggests a purpose. The recent consoles were interesting in that they allowed for some extreme physical activities while dancing around the console. Even while the idea of the hot&cold taps were silly I found the motions and positions of them rather unique.

As such until we get better views of the 2013 console I'm just going to focus on putting in various room elements into my design. Like these two

door.jpg
I like the padding around the doorway. I also like the proper phone cupboard attached to the door. After The Empty Child I always thought why even lock the door when someone could reach in and unlock it.

ceiling.jpg
I've modded the over-hanging light. I don't see these lights as on all the time like the new console room. They'd be more for emergency lighting. I'm not sure if I want to put them on the lower lip as well for 2 rows. Might be too much? what do you guys think? I don't know what would be too busy for this...

timegalaxy5

hmm, it hit me for the upper light part. You could put a sort of cage fixture around it. maybe? just an idea

TG5
--------------------------TIMEGALAXY5------------------------

rob49152

Jan 16, 2013, 01:24 am #299 Last Edit: Jan 19, 2013, 11:42 pm by Scarfwearer
I've been making some changes to my console room. I've been redoing the walls (not that you'll be able to really tell, but I feel they better constructed 3D wise) and I've been adding in small details here and there.

For example:
image_000_047.jpg

I've been building more props to hide around the set. There are a few more I'm playing with.

As always -  Right click and open in a new window for the hi-res version.