Apr 20, 2024, 11:23 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Update of my 2002 TARDIS

Started by rob49152, Aug 26, 2010, 06:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lantern of Gallifrey

Your concept is very inspiring.  I love your take on everything.  I can't wait to see more.

expendable

This whole thing is incredible! I love what you've done with this! And all the bits and pieces you've tucked in here and there!

Thank you for sharing this!

^ _____ ^

ironwolf

This is an amazing, jaw dropping build. Your render times must be epic. You may have posted already, but what software are you using and what render package?
"I have always wondered what it would be like to be a singularity" ~Tom Baker

the squire

rob49152

The newest addition to the library
time_war.jpg

I am now using the unbiased render engine octane. It's entirely GPU based super fast and amazingly realistic without even trying. This render took me a whole 3 seconds.

Rassilons Rod

Rob, that is just fantastic!!!! :)

I got iRay working, but need more GPU power to make it really worthwhile..... :/
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

warmcanofcoke

Excellent work there =D with the "blur effect" For a moment I thought it was a photograph of a miniature.
(I photograph a lot of small items with enlarger lenses and microscope lenses on my camera.)

Love the detail.
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

galacticprobe

Sep 16, 2013, 04:58 am #322 Last Edit: Sep 16, 2013, 04:58 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: warmcanofcoke on Sep 15, 2013, 05:55 pm
Excellent work there =D with the "blur effect" For a moment I thought it was a photograph of a miniature.

Love the detail.

Yeah! What Nate said! I also thought it might have been one of those journal-type books you can buy at book or craft stores that you worked into a prop replica. Extremely well done! And you did this in three seconds? :o <speechless>

(Now, can someone invent the 3-D leather printer, please?)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

DoctorWho8

It makes me feeling something seen out of the Doctor Puppet web series. http://www.youtube.com/user/HelloDoctorPuppet
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

rob49152

Nov 30, 2013, 12:38 am #324 Last Edit: Nov 30, 2013, 12:42 am by rob49152
Something new to stash in the corner of the library. If I can get a good idea of the texture on the other side (with the 4 round monitors) then I'll make that.

the_moment.jpg

blackbird

Wow, that looks really great.  Is there any chance you'd upload the patterns to shapeways so others can have them 3D printed?  I'd love to have a 1:1 replica of the Moment.
It looks like you've already nailed just about everything, but I have some screen caps of the box in a thread at theRPF.  Here's a link if it helps you any.
http://www.therpf.com/f9/doctor-who-50th-anniversary-special-prop-discussion-thread-200861/#post3125330

Rassilons Rod

Wow! I should have known you'd have something for us already - you certainly don't hang about! And such quality too! :-)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

type_1012_tardis

Nov 30, 2013, 03:36 am #327 Last Edit: Nov 30, 2013, 03:40 am by type_1012_tardis
Someday I'll be able to animate stuff that well....
*curls up in corner with blanket and hot cocoa*

No, but in all seriousness: fantastic work!  Though I think that The Moment may object to being stashed in your TARDIS, considering that it's sentient and all.  That being said, I don't think that either of the Guardians would appreciate you having the Key to Time there either, so you must have some incredibly impressive defenses on your TARDIS.

I repeat: Fantastic Work!
End of Line

****EDIT:
What are the odds that my (infinitely inferior) TARDIS progress received a humble update mere hours before this one?  Though I cede all attention rights to you, yours is far more deserving of praise than my humble hexagon.
****/EDIT
The ultimate TARDIS of ultimate destiny.  Type 1012.  Now with extra duct tape.

blackbird

Davidangel at theRPF posted a good picture of the side with the blue display screens.  This is better than any I was able to nab.
http://www.therpf.com/f9/doctor-who-50th-anniversary-special-prop-discussion-thread-200861/index2.html#post3127752

rob49152

Well I figured the Doctor wouldn't just leave the moment sitting around on some desert planet. So one of them must have taken it.  Maybe use it to prop open an air vent or something.

Sadly I think that getting something like the moment printed at shapeways would cost enough to bankrupt a small European country.

Now to start on the machine that goes 'Ding!' :)

I did do a cool polyphase avitron a few weeks ago. If you get a chance look at the Doctor Who: The Vault book. Amazing images of props and costumes.