Apr 19, 2024, 12:44 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Console room concept art (fan work)

Started by lance344, Aug 20, 2010, 02:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rassilons Rod

Now you say that, I can see elements from the final one used in the final version we had on series 5. And in the previous one there is the corridor.

Excellent work, its a shame they didn't go with one of these superb renditions, IMHO.
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

exleo

In the very first Doctor Who Confidential of series 5 (2010) I believe that both of the last two designs, which you can tell follow the same brief as eachother as well as the finished console room, can briefly be glimpsed hanging on the design wall as they cover the section on the redesign....so it would seem these two had their chance but the production team decided they didn't like them (fools) :(

Rassilons Rod

I really like how the lighting/ colour schemes in these is much more subtle and not turned up to 11...
Public Enema Number One.

exleo

Aug 20, 2010, 04:33 pm #18 Last Edit: Aug 20, 2010, 04:35 pm by exleo
Quote from: rassilonsrod on Aug 20, 2010, 04:26 pm
I really like how the lighting/ colour schemes in these is much more subtle and not turned up to 11...

11!...snigger * snort* LOL
oops sorry, exleo has a geek moment ::) 8) ;D

Rassilons Rod

Public Enema Number One.

galacticprobe

Aug 20, 2010, 09:23 pm #20 Last Edit: Aug 20, 2010, 09:25 pm by galacticprobe
Quote from: handofomega on Aug 20, 2010, 10:08 am

Won't do any good.  The current console room is here to stay probably, at least til the BBC get's it's money's worth out of it (or Moffat hands over the series to another producer).

I have half a dozen designs that someone at the BBC could have used instead of what they have now.  But the truth is I like the current design.  If nothing else it has inspired me to move into different design directions.

I'm curious to see what could have been, if it's possible. I'm always interested in the design phase. Could you post some of those designs?

Or are they actual BBC designs that were proposed (in which case they would fall under the "We've been asked not to post current plans or designs" clause)?

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"