Apr 24, 2024, 11:19 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Denver Colorado Materializing

Started by rmef2, Aug 12, 2010, 03:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rmef2

Just started my new box!  I feel like a kid again.  My friend is building most of it.  The dimensions were custom to fit in the small office that I have.  Surprisingly it's still bigger than I expected.  I have never seen a box in person before.  Ultimately it will look allot like the new series box even though I started building the Newberry version.  It's all because we decided to build an additional roof for outdoor shoots or conventions.  The higher stacked roof will not fit in my room so we then decided to just leave the roof off indoors... that lead to bigger side panels which then changed the outcome.  What do you think of the 11/4 cross beams?  Proportionally they make sense but visually I'm not sure.

rmef2

Aug 12, 2010, 03:15 pm #1 Last Edit: Aug 12, 2010, 07:05 pm by Scarfwearer
No message is associated with this attachment., Photo_081110_002.jpg

rmef2

Aug 12, 2010, 03:20 pm #2 Last Edit: Aug 12, 2010, 07:04 pm by Scarfwearer
Photo_081110_001.jpg  This frame supports the walls.  It has thumb screws to hold it together and hold the pannels.  The pannels will screw into it for stability. Each pannel only weighs about 40lbs as I wanted it portable.

rmef2

Fist pannel almost done.  What do you think of the 11/4 horrizontal peices of the frame?Photo_081110_003.jpg

the_temporal_mechanic

DoctorWho8

It looks like your stiles are too thin and you have 4 1/2 vertical panels, instead of 4.  The stile should be at least twice their current thickness, unlss you like a tall and skinny TARDIS. ;)
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

deck5

Quote from: rmef2 on Aug 12, 2010, 03:09 pm
What do you think of the 11/4 cross beams? 

I'm not sure what 11/4 means, but they look a bit on the skinny side.  Hard to say how it'll look when it's all blue.

rmef2

chriskingbees

This is starting to look the part, great stuff.
Safety helmets worn at all times, I'm impressed :D

KB

Doctor Iz

Aug 28, 2010, 01:15 pm #9 Last Edit: Aug 28, 2010, 01:17 pm by Doctor Iz
RMEF2,
Nice looking box starting to develop there... The walls's taking shape really gets one excited eh....  This is going to be a wonderful looking TARDIS.  Are you doing for a NST build?
Keep up the good work. I love the helmet too.   You even had the customary ladder in one of those pictures too which is necessary in TARDIS building...

Cheers,
Jon
(http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/jonizdo/Logos/DRIZ_rev20080226copy-2.jpg)

rmef2

Ya this is going to be the NST version ( or close ).  I never really understood how big this thing is until you start building.  Ya we all have taken a tape measure out and or walked it off a hundred times but unless you have seen one in person or you have one... it's big!

I feel like a kid again!

rmef2

Had to see what it was gonna look likeIMAG0001.jpg

rmef2

rmef2

This is not exactly the light I wanted but for monitary reasons it will have to work for right now.IMAG0009.jpgIMAG0010.jpg