Previous topic - Next topic

rmef2

Scarfwearer

That's coming along nicely!

Crispin

rmef2

I found a lamp!  It was only $15 in a thrift store.IMAG0023.jpg

DoctorWho8

And that's about the right style for the 2005-2009 NST!
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

rmef2

Finished the wall pannels, window frames, front door lock, phone door, .... very close to finished.  Should have it done by New Years.tardis door sign.jpg

rmef2

At first the walls were to be attached to a light frame inside.  I scrapped that idea as it was un-necessary.  Because the box is built with only 4 walls, no base, I needed something to hold the shape with a little tension.  I used sinch bolts with eyelets on the walls of the box.  Very easy to assemble just put the walls together snap the bolt on and tighten by hand.  Its cheap, easy and provides tension holding the walls together.  Now I have to remake the roof... I didn't like how it looked.  Make the Police Box Signs, paint the corner posts, install windows and I am done.wall fastner.jpg

geminitimelord

AHHH Finally some TARDIS BUILD PROGRESS.... I was starting to think we were going to have to rename this Board SONIC BUILDERS, or Two Guys and a Console Room, or something Cheeky like that.

Nice progress on your build.

rmef2

You were noticing that too?  Albeit I love all the creativity... its awsome.

galacticprobe

Dec 21, 2010, 06:42 am #26 Last Edit: Dec 21, 2010, 06:45 am by galacticprobe
Nothing wrong with sonics or consoles. Remember, this is about TARDIS-related builds, and while you may be able to have a TARDIS without a sonic (Doctors 1, and 5-7), you can't have a TARDIS without a console ("Father's Day" not withstanding).

As to the above photo... turnbuckles and eyebolts: once again something I never would have thought of. With those turnbuckles you could get quite a tight fit of your panels, and compensate for expansion or shrinkage as necessary whereas loose-pin (or other type) hinges wouldn't. Those would definitely make for a sturdy yet flat-packable build.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

rmef2

rmef2

So close now... I can feel it.Box 1.jpgbox 2.jpgbox 3.jpg

greatwazoo42

Looking good.  I like some of the ideas you've had on how to put it together.