Apr 18, 2024, 03:06 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Ripintimes console

Started by ripintime, Jul 29, 2010, 10:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ripintime

Aug 31, 2010, 07:58 am #30 Last Edit: Aug 31, 2010, 08:00 am by ripintime
Hi every one, We have started two more panels, heres the second panel...  

3.JPG                           4.JPG

The Ipaq is wired to some speakers under neath itself(the black one) and one under the panels. It's quite loud!
The third panel...

1.JPG                            2.JPG

Just stuff attached in, theese are all independant and the only thing that works is the calculator, probly put some switches on there that do something :)

Thats all for now

Ripintime :D

P.s anoying bare space to the right :-\
:)Ripintime:)

chriskingbees

I'm not a console builder, (Lack of space) and so tend to veer away from console threads, because it makes me jealous and itchy ;D. But here we have a particularly imaginitive and practical design, gathering bits and bobs, to put together something not only instantly recognisable, but pretty damn cool, too.

In short, "#I like it#" a hit for whom in the sixties?  ;D

KB

ripintime

Quote from: chriskingbees on Aug 31, 2010, 12:47 pm
I'm not a console builder, (Lack of space) and so tend to veer away from console threads, because it makes me jealous and itchy ;D. But here we have a particularly imaginitive and practical design, gathering bits and bobs, to put together something not only instantly recognisable, but pretty damn cool, too.

KB

Thanks Chriskingbees, I apreciate it

the_temporal_mechanic

Console is looking good man! 

mrstimelord

;D ;D i like it, i'm jealous, i have to wait a year befor starting mine, but it will be in the center of my bedroom, i somehow convinced my parents, anywho... Did you work out if your time column is going to spin by hand or by power yet? If so, what are you using to make it spin? If its by hand, a crank or maybe some wind up thing? or Auto, some..electronic thing.. lol keep up the good work

~MTL
(http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs373.snc4/45647_154311694580713_100000056517169_488375_308846_n.jpg)

ripintime

Sep 01, 2010, 09:29 am #35 Last Edit: Sep 01, 2010, 09:34 am by ripintime
Quote from: mrstimelord on Sep 01, 2010, 02:09 am
;D ;D i like it, i'm jealous, i have to wait a year befor starting mine, but it will be in the center of my bedroom, i somehow convinced my parents, anywho... Did you work out if your time column is going to spin by hand or by power yet? If so, what are you using to make it spin? If its by hand, a crank or maybe some wind up thing? or Auto, some..electronic thing.. lol keep up the good work

~MTL

A crank, didn't think of that actually...... anyway, that would probably come last if i did do something like that. Can't wait for a years time!
Thanks to everyones comments!

mrstimelord

Quote from: ripintime on Sep 01, 2010, 09:29 am
Quote from: mrstimelord on Sep 01, 2010, 02:09 am

~MTL

A crank, didn't think of that actually...... anyway, that would probably come last if i did do something like that. Can't wait for a years time!
Thanks to everyones comments!

Glad i could give you the idea of a crank :D I cant wait for a year either, but soon im getting a TARDIS door, without the framework, i have to wait a year for that too lol

~MTL
(http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs373.snc4/45647_154311694580713_100000056517169_488375_308846_n.jpg)

ripintime

Sep 03, 2010, 03:50 pm #37 Last Edit: Jun 25, 2011, 09:52 pm by Scarfwearer
Just a quick udate, someone I know has offered to give me a keyboard, mouse, naked speaker and possibly some other stuff. Also we have an old laptop I would like to put on, but it is quite big, so it may have it's own table.
(I'm not sure)

Also, heres some pictures of it for fun.

999.jpg                                                          998.jpg
                                                                                                                                            Features my attempt at a sonic, in time rotor, not finished

Ripintime ;D

ripintime

Sep 06, 2010, 03:10 pm #38 Last Edit: Sep 06, 2010, 03:11 pm by ripintime
Ok so, I should stop saying what we are going to do before it's finalised, because we haven't picked the stuff up and we didn't put a laptop or a leaver on. BUT, we did do this...

pfkon3.jpg                                                                 pfkon.jpg                                              

We took apart an old laptop ( made in 1996 ) and aswell as the keyboard I got loads off cirrcuit boards! The screen is a Digital photo frame which 1: has a crack in it and 2: We got given it when we had another one anyway. What do you think of the Tardis so far?

Ripintime ;D

type 83

Is the screen animated or is it a still?

ripintime

Quote from: type 83 on Sep 06, 2010, 09:26 pm
Is the screen animated or is it a still?

It can do both i believe but the video quality is poor so I will just have pictures....
RIpintime

ripintime

Sep 11, 2010, 04:29 pm #41 Last Edit: Sep 11, 2010, 04:29 pm by ripintime
So we made some leavers to go on the first panel, here the are before they went on,

l1.jpg                                      l2.jpg
                                                                                                                                  and in place

l3.jpg                                      l4.jpg
                                                                                                                                  proving they work

they are a bit creaky but I think, a good adition to the Tardis.

Ripintime ;D

chizzler

This is brilliant, erm I am probably going to use a digital photo frame aswell for my screen, probably with the new gallifrean text, for 2010, or the old tardis information bank

ripintime

Quote from: chizzler on Sep 11, 2010, 06:39 pm
This is brilliant, erm I am probably going to use a digital photo frame aswell for my screen, probably with the new gallifrean text, for 2010, or the old tardis information bank

cool :D

ripintime

Sep 12, 2010, 07:25 am #44 Last Edit: Jun 25, 2011, 09:55 pm by Scarfwearer
By the way, I was thinking about getting one of these from Maplin,

plasma.jpg
It responds to touch, music and sound!

(;D good price for a christmas present ;D)

Ripintime  :D