New, New TardisBuilders!

Hi, First Post, Mallorie's Build

Started by mallorienasrallah, Jul 26, 2010, 12:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mordrogyn

Yes... And don't forget the premptive console build permission ;D
(http://i50.tinypic.com/20kan9v.jpg)

galacticprobe

Or you could always just put him in a time loop and only take him out of it when you need him. (My wife does that to me occasionally. Strange, that; I'm the Timelord, she a Krell - picked her up on Altair 4 before their apocalypse. Go figure.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

mallorienasrallah

so this is where we are at currently:

IMG_4535small.jpg

I HATE the roof, its all misshapen and ugly and I thought I could live with it as such but I can not...I also noticed that one of my doors is mounted slightly higher than it should be, so I'll hinge it a bit lower, should take 5 min though.

My husband got starcraft2 yesterday, this should keep him out of my work space long enough to try fix the roof.

My new plan is to mount the corner braces inside the main corner posts of the tardis, this will mean I can not take the roof off at will, which might be an annoyance when we move in October but I have decided that it has to be better than the wobbly ugly roof I have now.   

deck5

If I understand you about the roof, maybe you could build a ledge for the roof to sit on, inside the corner posts.

DoctorWho8

Been meaning to ask (as I've not see this resolved), but why does your left door have that extra bit on the corner post side?
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

Rassilons Rod

Quote from: mallorienasrallah on Jul 26, 2010, 12:35 am
Oh and yes I realize something odd is going on with the left door, the wood shattered and I had to extend it to make them close suitably. I hope to make another door when I am not so tired!

There you go Bill :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

mallorienasrallah

Quote from: rassilonsrod on Jul 29, 2010, 06:51 am

There you go Bill :)

Thanks, I just noticed the question.

I am really bummed about the door, shockingly its not the first thing you notice, so for now its ok, also my husband says I am not allowed to spend another dime on this, so the shattered door will have to stick around for a little longer.

mallorienasrallah

finished...for now ;)

IMG_4556WebSmall.jpg

Yes, I went there...lame I know...but I had to. :D

deck5

Jul 30, 2010, 02:35 am #38 Last Edit: Jul 30, 2010, 02:35 am by deck5
Very nice!  Please send more pics. :D

mallorienasrallah

Quote from: deck5 on Jul 30, 2010, 02:35 am

Only took one of me being that lame, my logic is I earned the right to do my own rendition of a lady doctor, just once...seriously...once, any more than that would be honest to god wrong.

deck5

Quote from: mallorienasrallah on Jul 30, 2010, 02:42 am
Quote from: deck5 on Jul 30, 2010, 02:35 am

Only took one of me being that lame, my logic is I earned the right to do my own rendition of a lady doctor, just once...seriously...once, any more than that would be honest to god wrong.

Seldom have I disagreed more!  Brandish your sonic screwdriver, wear a fez, whatever -- take more pics, please :)

mallorienasrallah

Jul 30, 2010, 02:51 am #41 Last Edit: Jul 30, 2010, 02:52 am by mallorienasrallah
Quote from: deck5 on Jul 30, 2010, 02:43 am

Seldom have I disagreed more!  Brandish your sonic screwdriver, wear a fez, whatever -- take more pics, please :)

The studio lights are down, However I am shocked to realize what I should have already known, it looks much much better when lit correctly.

IMG_4547Solo.jpg

no photoshop other than cropping on either.

deck5

Very atmospheric.  You must be pleased to have it done (for now)!

victorvulpine

Looks good cant wait to start my build. Iam going to have to wait till after Dragon Con. I told my wife I want my own for my birthday. What does everyone use as a set of plans to get started? Ok will have 2 Tardis by the years end. Thats too cool. I may help my dad to build his as well. He wants one in his front yard.
Hello from the Bath Time Trooper.

mallorienasrallah

Quote from: deck5 on Jul 30, 2010, 02:59 am
Very atmospheric.  You must be pleased to have it done (for now)!

I am pleased :D just waiting on the actual sign for the door to come in the mail...though I have no idea what i might end up doing with it later.

Quote from: victorvulpine on Jul 30, 2010, 03:41 am
Looks good cant wait to start my build. Iam going to have to wait till after Dragon Con. I told my wife I want my own for my birthday. What does everyone use as a set of plans to get started? Ok will have 2 Tardis by the years end. Thats too cool. I may help my dad to build his as well. He wants one in his front yard.

I have heard rumor of there being some plans out there, but I have never seen them myself, I just drew up some rough plans for mine, this caused a few problems in the detail work but the basic structure was simple enough.