Apr 18, 2024, 09:18 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Double Yardley Jones Model Build

Started by lorisarvendu, Jul 17, 2010, 10:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lorisarvendu

Coming along slowly.  I do an undercoat of "sea blue" which is really a grey.

YPD-Duo-41.JPG

I then cover this with "flat blue", a very classic TARDISey blue.  The undercoat shows through, giving it a battered non-cookie-jar look hopefully.

YPD-Duo-42.JPG

Next the lamp caps which I hate doing.  These are plastic screw covers with the underside sliced off and flat, glued onto a card washer, which I had to measure and cut myself.

YPD-Duo-43.JPG

Here they are glued on.

YPD-Duo-45.JPG

lorisarvendu

Both lamp assemblies just finished. Wait for the glue on those supports to dry, then dab paint on any rough spots.

YPD-Duo-46.JPG

Took this without flash, and it makes them both look really dark.  It just goes to show you can't really rely on any of the Doctor Who episodes to provide you with the absolute correct colour, because this kind of blue just changes with the lighting.   In broad daylight these two will look as blue as a biscuit barrel.

lorisarvendu

Aug 20, 2010, 06:32 pm #17 Last Edit: Feb 24, 2012, 09:09 am by lorisarvendu
Heh heh, just had to do this shot!

DalekWTF.jpg

I've actually skipped quite a bit of the mundane stuff, but here's the full diary:

http://www.spacewarp.co.uk/who/YPD-DoubleBuild1.htm

Rassilons Rod

LOL :)

Really nice builds. Great work :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

mechanoid

Scarfwearer

Love the dalek shot with the eyestalk motion blur... :D
Very nice builds, the pair of them!

Crispin

rocket

That's great work, you should be really proud of them.
Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.

lorisarvendu

Quote from: rocket on Aug 21, 2010, 09:08 pm

Thank you!  I am.  But now I'm bored and I want to do another one.  It's an obsession.  I can feel the call of the Brachaki plans - "build me!" they say. "You know you want to..."

Scarfwearer

rocket

Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.

geminitimelord

Quote from: lorisarvendu on Aug 21, 2010, 09:20 pm
Quote from: rocket on Aug 21, 2010, 09:08 pm

Thank you!  I am.  But now I'm bored and I want to do another one.  It's an obsession.  I can feel the call of the Brachaki plans - "build me!" they say. "You know you want to..."

I would love to see a Brachacki Build in the style of the Unearthly Child TARDIS... Can you make an extra for me :)

lorisarvendu

Quote from: geminitimelord on Aug 22, 2010, 03:14 am
Quote from: lorisarvendu on Aug 21, 2010, 09:20 pm

I would love to see a Brachacki Build in the style of the Unearthly Child TARDIS... Can you make an extra for me :)

Tell you what I'll do you a model, you do me a full-size one!  ;D

Joking aside, making two models is only about 10% more effort than making one, so you might get your wish.  Maybe all us model-makers ought to start up a TB Model-Swop scheme?  Like baseball cards.  Everyone would be trying to get rid of duplicate NSTs, whereas the pink YJ would be incredibly rare lol.