Apr 19, 2024, 09:28 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Longleat/Blackpool exhibition console

Started by peterdalek, Jul 08, 2010, 11:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

celation

Quote from: peterdalek on Sep 05, 2010, 07:42 pm
I would be interested if anyone has an opinion about this.

Yes - my opinion is that you should own a lot more props.

I don't think I've seen anything as sympathetically restored as you've done this. It's a brilliant job - leaving what's there and restoring what isn't. Just as the best restorers would do with an antique - which essentially this is.

Nice one.

C.

peterdalek

Peter Are you going to attempt to repair the central column movement or leave it as it is,it would be great to see it active again,and I`m sure if you get stuck there is enough ingenuity on this site to help you get it going again.
If you look at my post type55 console regeneration there are pics of the inside workings of the column raise mechanism.

Well in all honesty I'd love to get the central column working, however this is beyond my mechanical capabilities. The column is well and truly stuck and only a few of the components remained in the console base such as the motor. I would need a professional or experienced person to come and look at it and more or less do it for me.

If anyone in a local proximity wants to undertake this as a project, they are more than welcome. Until that happens I have no choice but leave it stuck where it is.

Peter :)

DoctorWho8

Congrats peterdalek for getting interviewed! http://www.doctorwhohub.tv/?p=1685
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

soundofdrums1234

well done, mate ;D what did you use for the time rotor tube, bc that's where i'm getting stuck
(i don't know what to use for it...)

galacticprobe

Aug 04, 2014, 05:28 am #64 Last Edit: Aug 04, 2014, 05:31 am by galacticprobe
Peterdalek hasn't logged in for a while (not since June 18, according to the big red notice just above the Comments field when I typed this reply). He might have gotten busy and life in general (a.k.a. "Reality" - which sucks) may be keeping him away.

When he won this console at the Bonham's auction it was about 90% complete, and the time rotor innards came with it. He may know how it was made, but there's no telling when he'll be logging in again. So the best thing to do is send him a PM. That should trigger an e-mail notice to him that someone here has a message waiting for him. Then he might make a few minutes of time to log in and answer your question.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"