Apr 20, 2024, 08:32 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Paradox Rift's Console build

Started by Paradox Rift, Jul 05, 2010, 11:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rocket

Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.

merc23

Paradox Rift

Added some components to panels 2 and 3. No copper on these sides yet. just roughing out the lay outs before adding the copper.
I've had the item on the left since the beginning of this build. I added some knobs and they slide up and down. Item on the left is the remains of an old boombox. I though the built in amplifier and graphic equalizer would be perfect to handle the sound effects for the console. The metal shielded stereo RCA cable runs to outputs on panel 3.
panel2a.jpg
The center top item has RCA outs that go to the RCA in on panel on Panel 2. The red button starts the dematerialization sound effect.
panel3a.jpg
This started out as a homemade patch panel for the TARDIS sound system that would be hidden away inside. When it was done I thought it looked too mean to be hidden, so it became the center piece of the panel.
panel3b.jpg

ripintime

AWSOME! This is going to be a great console! (it already is ;D)
Ripintime
:)Ripintime:)

Paradox Rift

I found a free 3D rendering tool available from google called SketchUp. I took these pics with my phone from the screen. (not to scale)

3d1.jpg3d2.jpg

type 83

Use file-export-image to get images from Sketchup.

ripintime

cool! is it going to stay like that, with the panels sitting on a table, or will it have a different stand? :)
:)Ripintime:)

Paradox Rift

No. Im considering severaL Designs for the stand. it will depend largely on what form the mechanism for the time rotor takes. In retrospect i should have designed that first.
Live and Learn! =)

Paradox Rift

Nov 29, 2010, 07:44 am #40 Last Edit: Nov 29, 2010, 07:45 am by Paradox Rift

I finally have a workable mechanism to make the Time Rotor rise and fall. The down side is I had to redesign the column to accommodate it.
Let me know what you think.

Paradox Rift

panel5.jpg
The latest panel to be copper clad. I tried something a little different with this one.

type55tardis

Coming along very nicely there  :)
so let me get this straight,A thing that looks like a Police box standing in a junkyard,It can move anywhere in Time and space ?

lswl

davidnagel

Wow sexy in bronze metal and retro thingies!
Regards
David