Mar 29, 2024, 05:34 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Revsteve's TARDIS

Started by revsteve, Jul 04, 2010, 03:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

revsteve

Jul 04, 2010, 03:10 pm Last Edit: Nov 29, 2010, 08:15 pm by Scarfwearer
I got around to giving it another coat. Hope it is waterproof now.
I put black felt on the windows so all I see at night now is the police box sign and lamp but it's better that way.

smithtardis2.jpg

smithtardis1.jpg

May take some night shots later

K.B.O

mordrogyn

(http://i50.tinypic.com/20kan9v.jpg)

superrichi1a

That looks, just, wow.
Not sure if you remember me, you gave me some TARDIS plans and help with Dalek-building around Chirstmas. Unfortunately, my e-mail went down a few weeks later so I'm sorry I never got the chance to thank you properly!
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

danious2010

that tardis looks great mate.  am sooooo jealous lol!

revsteve

Quote from: superrichi1a on Jul 10, 2010, 09:33 pm
That looks, just, wow.
Not sure if you remember me, you gave me some TARDIS plans and help with Dalek-building around Chirstmas. Unfortunately, my e-mail went down a few weeks later so I'm sorry I never got the chance to thank you properly!

Your more than welcome mate  :)

chinandler

WOW! Thats better than the real thing! ... Well, I mean the one on the show!
There is a lot of amazing builds on this site. You never know, The BBC might be on here one day looking for a new Prop Guy and they will be spoilt for choice!

M@tt

superrichi1a

Hey, reading your comments about "I like to see my TARDIS lit up from the street", and then reading that you can no longer see the windows lit up because of the black felt used, why not just use some translucent dark grey or black perspex or acrylic which should be opaque-ish during the day, and still light up somewhat at night. I'm trying out this method for my build and it works quite well. I've found that if you back it up with a THIN piece of frosted white acrylic/perspex, it creates an opaque feel day and night, while still lighting up at night (a bit dimly though I must admit, still, the overall effect is still as good as the TV show's-by comparison).
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

mordrogyn

Quote from: chinandler on Jul 22, 2010, 05:24 pm
WOW! Thats better than the real thing! ... Well, I mean the one on the show!
There is a lot of amazing builds on this site. You never know, The BBC might be on here one day looking for a new Prop Guy and they will be spoilt for choice!

M@tt

Would be nice to beleive that's how they hire.... they do however have a new prop guy for next season...

Ed Thomas is out and Michael Pickwoad is in as the new Production Designer

superrichi1a

Ed Thomas is OUT?! Why? Did he get fired, or just leave, it's surprising as he was boasting in interviews just after the finale was aired that he has "the best job in the world". Shame to see him go, he's designed my favourite props to date, from the NST to the Tennant console room (Actually...I hate the Smith console room, never mind). Still, it comes as a blow to hear he is going.

mordrogyn

the doctor 51

wow man thats better than i could ever do, any way where did you get the plans or did you just make it up yourself. Cause you see you could get the plans for the 2005 TARDIS and just make a few minor adjustments to it like - different paint colour etc.