Apr 20, 2024, 11:34 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Console Panel Dimensions

Started by rnojek, Jun 19, 2010, 09:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rnojek

Jun 19, 2010, 09:37 pm Last Edit: Jul 29, 2010, 10:18 pm by Scarfwearer
I've seen many plans for the console. All the measurements are there except for the main panels. I'd like to make a small console but I've nothing to reference for the main panels. Can some help?  

dreamland fantasy

Which console?

Kind regards,

Francis

rnojek

Scarfwearer

There's an instrument layout in the Season 1 sub-board: [ref board=51]Season 1[/ref].

Crispin

rnojek

what are the panel dimensions?

galacticprobe

Jun 20, 2010, 04:50 am #5 Last Edit: Jul 03, 2019, 03:51 am by warmcanofcoke
Quote from: Scarfwearer on Jun 19, 2010, 11:53 pm
There's an instrument layout in the Season 1 sub-board: [ref board=51]Season 1[/ref].

Crispin

Not to disagree, but a closer look at the image on that sub-board looks like a later Troughton era control layout (like one of the missing handles on Panel 6, next to the demat switch). There are some good color renders with very accurate control layouts (according to scenes from the earliest Hartnell episodes) at http://www.interocitor-media.com/tardis/, such as this image:

Console.jpg

There are lots of other views of this console there as well as other TARDIS/Doctor Who-related renders. You may have to dig around the pages to find them; there are many images on that site!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

rnojek

Thanks all. I found what I was looking for on Scarfwearer's sight.

Scarfwearer

Quote from: rnojek on Jun 20, 2010, 06:30 am
Thanks all. I found what I was looking for on Scarfwearer's sight.

Just so people know: those same plans are here in the sub-boards for each different season.

Crispin