Apr 24, 2024, 04:23 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Usual Suspects

Started by cathlyn847, Jun 13, 2010, 07:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

May 29, 2005, 02:02 pm #15 Last Edit: Aug 17, 2010, 06:09 pm by scarfwearer
That is genius Purple, aposolutley brilliant!!!

Did you create it?

Fantastic!  ;D

purpleblancmange

May 29, 2005, 08:24 pm #16 Last Edit: Aug 17, 2010, 06:10 pm by scarfwearer
I didn't create this, but talked a friend through the various props while he drew it for "me" on the computer... I didn't want to have to sit here drawing it for real when it could be done quicker with a machine.  Since this one was drawn, the image has been thoroughly corrected, but you get the general idea from it.

Because it has the size lines in the background, I named it "The Usual Suspects" and since then, this has stuck and so we all call it that now.

TG

May 30, 2005, 02:45 pm #17 Last Edit: Aug 17, 2010, 06:10 pm by scarfwearer
Purple
The Usual Suspects is just wonderful - its given me some latitude on accuracy.
And thanks for the link to the excellent TARDIS Library - Im going to be spending a lot of time in that library. Ive now found a non-Tardis police box I want to build too.

Thanks for the welcome - I am very impressed with your Tardis build - you must be a man with a circular saw table (I wish I had one).
TG

petewilson

Oct 25, 2014, 09:56 pm #18 Last Edit: Oct 25, 2014, 09:57 pm by petewilson
Quote from: cathlyn847 on Jun 15, 2010, 03:02 am

OK...I started with the "Usual Suspects" (credit: Purpleblancmange)
and I imported it into Autocad as a pdf file and traced it.
Because it was a low resolution file it was a bit blurry when I enlarged it...so my tracing ain't perfect.
Then someone (yesterday?) posted a Met Box measured drawing on the TBF.
So I imported it also.
I lined them up in scale: Measured Met - My Trace - the 1929
And as you can see they don't quite line up.

compare tardis-001.jpg

These are supposed to be the same box, correct?

I am at the absolute beginning of drafting up a full set of construction drawings for the 1929 Police Box
I am doing it for fun, I have no plans to build but I will of course share  ;D
best to all,
Cathlyn

Hi All,

I want to rebuild my rotting 7 year old box in the new year and I wondered if anybody has a better quality copy of these 1929 dimensions plans as I want it to be based more  on the original rather than the modern version!

Thanks in Advance,

Pete

Mark

Hi Pete,

I have an actual poster however I'm off work following a nasty stairs related accident so don't have access to a scanner. I can however send you a copy of the sketch-up model I made based on measurements taken at Crich if that would help?

Since my re-visits to Crich with Matt I have noticed a few of the measurements I made are off slightly but overall it should be fairly accurate. On the subject of Matt, he had involvement with the original "Usual Suspects" poster so may be able to help with a digital version?

Drop me a PM if you want the file sending.