Mar 29, 2024, 03:10 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Five Doctors console

Started by dreamland fantasy, Jun 12, 2010, 08:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

doctordean

Wow! I think you've mastered it... and I don't mean that in an evil Timelord way! Really impressive work, I hope you're proud of what you've accomplished because there's awe looking at you from this side of the screen  :o

dreamland fantasy

Thanks doctordean. :)

Sod's law though, but I did notice a couple of very minor adjustments needing done after posting the picture up. ::) They're fixed now though. ;)

I guess it's time to start on the next panel. ;D

Kind regards,

Francis

galacticprobe

Jun 16, 2010, 11:46 pm #17 Last Edit: Jun 16, 2010, 11:47 pm by galacticprobe
Looks fantastic! Just a few observations, though.

There should be a monitor on every other panel. (http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h274/the_doctor63/Untitled-31.png)

Also, check out this reference page for other details (http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=1108.0). It looks like only one panel has that "Gallifrey Recall Indicator" (the white, six-sided pointy thing) on it, while the others have just a circular control in its place.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

dreamland fantasy

Thanks Dino. :)

I'm just doing the console one panel at a time, so now that I've finished the first one I'm going to start work on one of the panels with a monitor on it.

Kind regards,

Francis

DoctorWho8

Beautiful!
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

dreamland fantasy

Okay, this should be the final version of the first panel. I've added letters and numbers, etc. to the keys, but I don't have any references as to the correct layout so I have just put them wherever.

tardis console 13.jpg

Kind regards,

Francis

dreamland fantasy

I spotted a mistake with the 3rd row left hand panel key layout, but I've sorted it now. It should have been a group of 3 keys at the top and 9 at the bottom. D'oh! ::)

Kind regards,

Francis

Rassilons Rod

Good lord you're fast! :O
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

doctordean

Francis, what progress??
Don't mean to prod or poke, but with your penchant for spoiling us with such speedy rendering, I feel withdrawals coming on..!!

Dean  :)

dreamland fantasy

Jun 28, 2010, 12:53 am #24 Last Edit: Jun 28, 2010, 12:54 am by dreamland fantasy
Hi Dean,

I haven't actually made much progress since the last render shown other than a couple of corrections, but I'll try to get something posted over the next few days.  ;)

Kind regards,

Francis

dreamland fantasy

Hi there,

I haven't been able to work on the console as much as I would have liked of late, but I thought that I would post an update of it's current state:

tardis console 15.jpg

As you can see I've started on one of the panels with the screens.

I've also made modifications to some parts including the trim that goes round the console and updated a number of the textures.

Kind regards,

Francis

DoctorWho8

The column is lovely.  It has a very natural glow to it.  I would maybe dirty up the glass ever so slightly, though.  It looks too clean. :)
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

dreamland fantasy

The glow of the column was created by having a series of light sources inside the console. I got the idea from a photo I saw of the console (http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h274/the_doctor63/Untitled-13.png) where you could see fluorescent tubes situated inside the console.

I have experimented with "dirtying" the glass of the column, but I never ended up with a result I was happy with. I may look at trying it again.

Kind regards,

Francis

doctordean

Oh no, clean is nice! Reminds me of that first time we saw the console when the Doctor has his polishing cloth out, brand new.. just the way it has stuck with me all these years. Goodstuff!

hastran

Looking great but i think the glass around the rotor is too clear.  When I do glass I put a gradient on the incident angle so that as the incident angle decreases the reflectivity increases and the transparency decreases.