Apr 19, 2024, 08:19 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Okay, some user input please :)

Started by themightyspud, Jun 08, 2010, 06:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

themightyspud

Hi all,

So, I've decided that on Saturday morning, I'm going to start building a console and TARDIS interior within Lightwave.

Only problem is, I can't decide which one to do.

So, I'm throwing it open to suggestions (bearing in mind that I'll be asking for reference material of the winning suggestion  ;D)

First off though, I'm disqualifying the Eccleston/Tennant and Smith Consoles, because I've tried but very nearly broke my computer when I couldn't get the shapes right LOL.

So, anything from Doctors 1 to 8 I'm good with.

I shall announce the winner on Saturday morning with a post of the floor plan :)

TheMightySpud

deck5

I say go old-school; Hartnell. 

mordrogyn

Any would be good, McGann would take a lot more time though as it's bigger with more a stuff.
(http://i50.tinypic.com/20kan9v.jpg)

galacticprobe

Jun 09, 2010, 01:58 am #3 Last Edit: Jun 09, 2010, 01:59 am by galacticprobe
I'd stay away from the post "Five Doctors" console. I was never all that pleased with that version. I'm partial to the Hartnell console. Forgoing all of the new series consoles I'd say next in line would have to be the McGann version. Definitely, though, stay pre-"Five Doctors".

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

mordrogyn

I wasn't saying do it, I was merely saying it wold be a lot more work.
While I love the outside of the McGann TARDIS, I'm not that keen on it's interior.

galacticprobe

Jun 09, 2010, 03:03 am #5 Last Edit: Jun 09, 2010, 03:04 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: mordrogyn on Jun 09, 2010, 02:36 am
I wasn't saying do it, I was merely saying it wold be a lot more work.
While I love the outside of the McGann TARDIS, I'm not that keen on it's interior.

Just to avoid any confusion, I wasn't criticizing your comment, Paul. I was just giving my input to the request based on my personal feelings towards the consoles.

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

rob49152

I don't think I've ever seen anyone do the 3 Doctors console & room. You'd be a first

I always wanted to try the Time Monster room with the salad bowls on the walls myself. Again I don't think I've seen anyone attempt that one either.

themightyspud

Well I've decided.....................

I'll be building the pre-Inferno console and room from the Pertwee era.

Simply because, this was the first Doctor I saw, so why not :)

Will post some WiP images later :)

TheMightySpud
http://www.themightyspud.co.uk

DoctorWho8

Don't you mean post-Inferno?  There was no console room set used in Pertwee's first season.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

themightyspud

Jun 13, 2010, 10:42 am #9 Last Edit: Jun 13, 2010, 11:01 am by themightyspud
Okay, so I'm becoming thoroughly confused. LOL

I'll admit, I'm not familiar with all the differing consoles/rooms as yet.

I've had a look through the many many episodes I have and I have come up with a teeny potential issue......

I want to build the Hartnell/Troughton/Pertwee console, simply because I find the time rotor more visually interesting than any of the others........(rotating internals etc)

but, from what I've seen, I really don't like the rooms they're always in. LOL

My favourite room is the one that Hastran is building. (the 1982 version)

So not sure what to do LOL.

Don't know how 'militant' people are about putting the wrong console in a room. LOL

TheMightSpud

mordrogyn

People build hybrid boxes all the time.
People build custom consoles all the time.

You build what you want to build, if it's the Hartnell console in the 82 console room, do it, just say that it is intentional so that folks don't think you did it on accident and question it. ;)