Apr 18, 2024, 05:56 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

2010 TARDIS Console room

Started by rob49152, Jun 06, 2010, 11:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rob49152

Jun 06, 2010, 11:42 pm Last Edit: Dec 01, 2010, 06:43 pm by Scarfwearer
I anonymously received some simple Google Sketchup plans. They were very very crude but I accepted them to be accurate as it seemed to be from someone within the production department. I guess they were used to map out camera shots.tardis_sketchup.JPG

Sadly the original file got corrupted in a raid 0 array screwup :(

rob49152

Jun 06, 2010, 11:47 pm #1 Last Edit: Jun 06, 2010, 11:47 pm by rob49152
Thankfully my work drive is RAID 5 so it will always be safe. I started work on converting the crude plans over to lightwave. I also had other photos of the sets that had been supplied from other sources (sshhh)
2010consoleroomWIP.jpg

rob49152

And here's a close up of the console (as far as I've done)
simple_console3_0099.JPG

rob49152

WOW those went up much larger than I had hoped for!!!! Sorry to those on slower networks  :-[

DoctorWho8

Wow, that's great!
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

mordrogyn

Well... the last 2 posts started with the word "wow" so to use it again would be over kill....

Oh I give up!

WOW
(http://i50.tinypic.com/20kan9v.jpg)

Doctor Iz

That is more than impressive, the only word that comes to mind is....WOW!  Already been said a few time already!
Fabulous work mate!

Cheers,
Jon
(http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/jonizdo/Logos/DRIZ_rev20080226copy-2.jpg)

cathlyn847

Main Entry: wow
Part of Speech: verb
Definition: amuse, delight
Synonyms: bowl over, break one up, charm, cheer, crack up, entertain, go over big, kill*, knock dead, knock someone's socks off, make laugh, make roll in the aisles, slay, tickle, tickle pink, tickle to death 

Consider me 'wowed' too.  :)
What would the Doctor do?

davidnagel

Stunning

I don't like the new console and room

but this is just 3d mind boggling
Regards
David

Rassilons Rod

Rob is THE MAN when it comes to this :) (Him and our mate Celation!) :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

handofomega

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the Sketch-Up files :o ::) ;D

type 83

You need to change the Scanner Screen to brown, it looks blue sometimes but that's because it's a real TV screen viewed from the side.

Rassilons Rod

Jun 10, 2010, 06:46 pm #12 Last Edit: Jun 10, 2010, 06:48 pm by rassilonsrod
Quote from: type 83 on Jun 10, 2010, 06:28 pm
You need to change the Scanner Screen to brown, it looks blue sometimes but that's because it's a real TV screen viewed from the side.

Are you talking about the Giant Roundel, or the tiny one hanging on the scissor spring by the console?

I have to say that I am seriously amazed that Rob has managed to knock this out in such a short space of time.
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

galacticprobe

Quote from: rassilonsrod on Jun 10, 2010, 06:46 pm

Are you talking about the Giant Roundel, or the tiny one hanging on the scissor spring by the console?

I have to say that I am seriously amazed that Rob has managed to knock this out in such a short space of time.

I think it's the small one on the scissor spring. That one seems to have more brown graphics displayed on it whereas the previous console's scanner screen used strictly blue graphics (unless it was a "live" image like two-way comms).

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

rob49152

Jun 11, 2010, 11:19 pm #14 Last Edit: Jun 11, 2010, 11:24 pm by rob49152
I used a framegrab from the 11th hour. In that shot its clearly a blue screen. In Victory of the Daleks it switched to an orangey/brown screen.

It's actualy an LCD monitor stuck into a custom case made to look like an old TV. Because its a TN Film monitor (aka El-Cheapo) it has a low angle of visibility. If you look at it at an angle it appears to become a negative of itself.

Who ever it was that supplied me with the sketchup model also said they'd send along the .psd files for use in whatever animation program they used for the actual display. Sadly they never did. That would have been pretty sweet to have

conosole_monitor.JPG