Apr 23, 2024, 12:04 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

tardis construction

Started by ravage, Jun 06, 2010, 11:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ravage

i have been looking at the back post to see how i can connect my joiners to the roof to make sure i wont stuff it up first cause at this point i dont want that that's why i have not put on  on monday just making sure of things first then i will carry it to her and some how? get the tardis to pull up her roof and will place it drill and screw it in then
cause if you look carefull at back post theres two post join as one on each side of the back so this is why i dont want to stuff it up now and so i get to contiue make the side walls thats the second reason 

ravage

here are the photos of the brackets that took most of the day getting them on before the roofIMG_4175.JPGIMG_4176.JPGfour screws at 10g each scew so its tuff now and late this afternoon/night the roof went on here are a couple of photos to show how big she is in total the face on firstIMG_4180.JPGnow for side on to show how big next to house my girl isIMG_4178.JPGand this one also shows that the side sections for the police sign box half done now to i just to build the front and back now. And doors or does the tadis have one?

ravage

when i said door or doors? i was asking does the tardis have two or one doors?
i just want to make sure i do it right

Scarfwearer

The TARDIS has two doors, but normally only one of them is ever opened. Some of the props have had front and back doors arranged so that either the left or the right opens first, so if you want to have only one of them open, you can pretty much take your pick of which to use. There have been a few occasions when both have been opened, that's been very rare.

Crispin

ravage

thanks for the info crispin
oh yeah i also noticed with my girl and other my roof is bigger sould i take off two or one layer off to get her matching the rest?

ravage

with this question  i also noticed with my girl and other my roof is bigger sould i take off two or one layer off to get her matching the rest?
i just wanted to get some peoples thoughts on if i did the roof to tall?

Scarfwearer

I don't think the roof is too tall. TARDISes come in several shapes/sizes, so there's no single measurement. If it meets your needs, it will be fine.

Crispin

ravage

ok thanks for that crispin
i was also looking at my model that got me started on my build and pic of matt smith tardis the tops look alike to me compared to here are some photos to compare mine and the model and picture
IMG_4188.JPGthe model  now pictureIMG_4191.JPGjust look above to see mine then with the compareasons do you think i sould take one section off?
she will remain the high that i need her for the type 40 is builded for

ravage

i dislike the australias newcastle city conical at the moment cause my dad keeps warning me cause of her hight if they spot her they get me to her down cause she is two and half ft over the fence
so that stinks
so now i have redo the post to shorten them which also means hard for me to get walk in if she is not 6 and half ft high
and now metal post cant be used as post again cause there been drill in etc so this is going to cost money and now dely her again bugger

pod

I live outside of Melbourne, and have a little experience in the area of councils and building massive things in your backyard. For what its worth, I think you'd have to be very, very unlucky for the councl to bother about your TARDIS mate.

ravage

thanks pod yes you could be unlucky thats the only reason that she will go the saw once again and go to 6 and half foot tall from roof to base  base alone is 180 or 181cm by 180 or 181cm

ravage

here is the photo of the right side wall and im putting the plascourse which goes bettween the timber so it will last longer just like they do when the build house plus it helps waterproof to
IMG_4192.JPGIMG_4208.JPG

ravage

at the moment this is where im up to cutting the middle then next lot of panels so here is the photo of what ive done to the wall so farIMG_4214.JPG

type55tardis

Did this thing ever get finished ??
so let me get this straight,A thing that looks like a Police box standing in a junkyard,It can move anywhere in Time and space ?

architect

interesting question. site is telling me they have not been on line since last year
Sincerely, and most appreciatively,
The Architect.
www.borgsteamfactory.com/contact.html