Apr 26, 2024, 01:18 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

tardis construction

Started by ravage, Jun 06, 2010, 11:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

slidin_sidewayz

Sorry mate. Didn't mean to imply anything, I just thought everybody used the spell check feature on here. Guess not. Also, I missed your change in dimensions from 8 feet wide back down to 6. Kinda got lost in the story. Anyway, good luck with the build. At least you're working on yours. :-)

ravage

the weather has not been kind today and has slowed my build again and aswell as that i also needed to get some more metal from the hardware store here know as bunnings so that wouldve taken half the day but at lest i would be building now outside so now i wait and hope that tomorrow is better here is my floded build IMG_3867.JPG

ravage

well the 2nd section is almost done now i got some more parts lately and have contuined working in the garage since the weather hasnt been kind outside so here is what it will look like when finshedIMG_3878.JPG and here is what im in the middle of doing at the moment and also double checking measurements so it wont take out the gutting of the house when its up so when i said its going to be 10 foot high i ment it
so here is the checking before pre drillingIMG_3880.JPGIMG_3882.JPGthe 2nd half is now a square but just needs to join to the 1st half and thats why i got 4.8 rivets there long enough and dont need many holes which will cause the roof to become week in time and there as strong

ravage

2nd half is done now and here are the photos of the completed sectionIMG_3883.JPGand heres how i did it i made a smaller square after puting a second wall peer in the 1st section next to my a frame brackets then riveted it two long ways then one at the front and back and now the strenght is unbelieveable already
this is the 1st sectionIMG_3871.JPGthen added the two peers to add the 2nd section as i said alreadyIMG_3875.JPGnow i added the new peers the same way for the 3rd section refer the 1st photo 3883
now i have to get more to make the 3rd section so i can complete it then get to more for the post then put it up when the weather is clear

superrichi1a

I'm not so sure about using metal or iron, but that's just me, still, I can't say I'm not excited to see a metal box! Well done for pioneering a new area of TARDIS building!! Not only just in terms of materials but in therms of dimensions. Don't let anyone on here criticise your box's proportions, if we all built boxes exactly the same size and shape, what would be the point, we all build what is right for us and I'm very interested to see how this turns out.
Keep at this, I really want to see this finished, iron determination is needed here, just like your TARDIS. Think about it, your exploring a whole new dimension of TARDIS building, good luck!!  ;)
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

wayne venomous

Wow! I've never seen a metal frame TARDIS before.

I have seen an iron side Dalek though!  ;D (sorry, couldn't resist - I'll get my coat)

ravage

well first off im going to thank eveyone for there support for this build in tardis builders

superrichi1a
i never thought of myself as a  pioneer i just thought what would be the best matiral to with stand the australian weather and show and explian the best that the best i can how i did it thats all really well i gess i am exploring a way in the dimensions cause as soon as the ol' girls finshed she will need her console finshed inside her to

wayne venomous
you can take 3-6 panels i'll take 1-3 hehe we'll see how fast she goes hehe

now i am in the middle of the last section section 3 before my light goes on so here is a photo of section 3 after i grinded it and place it into to postionIMG_3893.JPG and with the left over parts as shown IMG_3894.JPGi can make the last to post that are needed to put up the roof so i dont even need to spend money yaeh! just when the skelton together so i can put the cross secotions for the panels next week so finaly after to months she will stand tall crossing fingers theres no more rain

ravage

i have made my police boxes out of down pipe and finshed the post im still doing section 3 thats why i havent posted the completed photo of it yet
so here are the police boxes that i have started on now for when i connect the roof onIMG_3896.JPGand here are all seven post togetherIMG_3895.JPGi know it loooks like theres only two thats cause the other five are under them

ravage

its going to be 261cm thats 8 and half foot high from roof to base and five and half foot by five and half foot thats 159cm by 159 cm base
so at the moment im just making sure before i put the tardis post on that the base and roof have been silicone first to make sure its waterproffed top and bottom i dont want to be wet or my console inside it
so i use this siliconeIMG_3781.JPG

ravage

i have done most of the roof with the silicon before i compelete the last part of it here are the photos of what i have been doing the first one is the back that was done with the little bit i had leftIMG_3900.JPGIMG_3901.JPGthen bought more now here is the front that im still doing IMG_3899.JPGIMG_3904.JPG

ravage

hello everyone i know its been awhile but i was trying to work out what i needed plus waiting for it to stop raining here so i can contiune with my build so any way here is one part and im going to play a quick gessing game and give the answer tonight when i have the others for you to see so here is the photoIMG_4056.JPGof the part and you gess what im using it for give you clue here not the roof so good luck

ravage

put the gess game to rest about the part its for the base increase the streath of it thats why im getting more beams today 5 more so it will be stronger and stable and so i could marine ply to the floor to

ravage

at the moment i have grinded the four parts that i will be riveting together so i will put on the roof to fit the light heres the start of itIMG_4057.JPGso now i will go rivet it now before i have to go out and get the 3rd beamon my way home then cut it tonight and the last two on wensday and cut them and show the finshed photo of it

ravage

gday everyone
just a quick update before i went out yesterday and again today i did the riveting and started the grinding to fit the lamp in here are some photosIMG_4058.JPGIMG_4059.JPGas you can see i made the circule to fit the lamp in before i started grinding

and on the way home i stop in at the hardware store bunnings since its near the bus stop and picked up the hinges for doors and phone door where the sign is and the best part about it is there already primed so all i have to do is paint on them when ready heres the photos of themIMG_4061.JPGthese are phone/sign hinges and IMG_4063.JPGthese are the doors ones what do you think?

deck5

Quote from: ravage on Aug 10, 2010, 12:59 am
what do you think?

Four hinges for the phone panel?  And only two per door for the main doors?