Apr 23, 2024, 09:53 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

tardis construction

Started by ravage, Jun 06, 2010, 11:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ravage

Jun 06, 2010, 11:12 am Last Edit: Jun 06, 2010, 12:47 pm by Scarfwearer
i decide for me what would be the best way to build a tardis and the to keep the cost down to here is what i started with for free
and looked at both galvanise iron and marine ply wood for my tradis and what worked out for me is galvanised iron for two reasons its going to last that one two its almost water proffed with protection

i have figured out how to build the 8 foot beams that i need for the base to start the ol' girl so my base will be 8 foot by 8 foot
here's the pic of the 8 foot beams that i put together
[attachid]IMG_3733.JPG[/attachid
and after i finsh the base puting the galvanise iron on the base the next thing will be the plumbing and flooring[attachid]IMG_3734.JPG[/attachid][attachid]IMG_3737.JPG[/attachid]
some of what i have in the photos are also for my console which i made the metal base already for[attachid]IMG_3735.JPG[/attachid] here is the lamp that will be going on top of my tardis i found two so that was a plus cause now i have a spare[attachid]IMG_3738.JPG[/attachid][attachid]IMG_3739.JPG[/attachid]
the hoses seen here awill be used in the console and tardis [attachid]IMG_3735.JPG[/attachid][attachid]IMG_3736.JPG[/attachid]

mordrogyn

I'm not seeing ANY of these photos...
An 8'x8' base will make it wider even than the NST, what height are you building it to?
(http://i50.tinypic.com/20kan9v.jpg)

DoctorWho8

Mord is right.  The NST base is about 5' square.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

ravage

ravage

having the ol' girl 8 foot by 8 foot suit me cause me im close to 6 foot high so thats why the mod in her body so when she she is compeleted the base is 8 by 8 and 8 foot high in total

deck5

You sure you want it to be 8 feet square, and 8 feet tall?

stumpy.jpg

cathlyn847

Ratio wise a regular NST is 5-0 wide and 10-0 tall  [1 to 2 ratio] then a 8-0 base would command a 16-0 tall TARDIS.
THAT would be AWESOME.
What would the Doctor do?

ravage

thanks to all that showed interest and i will listen cause i know other people have more experice then myself im only using my drill rivet gun and grinder to make the ol' girl

and the beams that are in the 1st photo were in pices that i had to rivet together im on the last one now for the base before i conect them tomorrow cause in australia its geting to dark to see i will post the compeleted beams when there all done hopefully in hour

ravage

well i couldn't get the last beam done tonight so here are three beams that i made today from scratch i will be doing the last beam before the panels for the flooring and but before that goes on the plumbing and brackets for the flooring my tardis is like  another room in its self thats why the plumbing for water

ravage

Jun 07, 2010, 08:44 am #9 Last Edit: Jun 18, 2010, 10:51 pm by Scarfwearer
IMG_3740.JPG

ravage

i have bought some more metal for the base and the 3rd post now today after i get the 4th post and the top section i will post the photos before i start putting the frame together
also got some metal joiners to to hold the post in place when i rivet them in

well oringaly it was going to be 8 foot by 8 foot in cm thats 246 cm by 246 cm the base by 8 foot high but now it has to be 9 foot which is 276 cm by 276 cm thats 9 foot by 9  foot or 10 foot by 10 foot thats 307 cm by 307 cm the base

with the walls going 8 foot high thats as i said 246 cm and the top has to match the base

mordrogyn

I really want to see this as a cat iron TARDIS is something I've not seen before, though your dimensions are confusing me.

You are now making the base 9'x9' or 10'x10'?
What height are you building to?

The NST has a 5'x5' base and the more classic model is around 4'x4' (generically)
Each of these stands between about 9' and 10' in height (depending on the model)

I'm not saying don't build what you want, don't get me wrong, I am just trying to understand what you are building.
(http://i50.tinypic.com/20kan9v.jpg)

ravage

the reason i have now increased the size of the base but not side post from 8 foot high is i want to put my console in there and other items to so i need it ethier 9x9 or 10x10 foot
which do you think would be better to work with 9x9 foot or 10x10 foot?
cause myself i think 10x10 foot is easyer

ravage

here is one of the pices i cut up so i could make the last post
tomorrow and then the you will see the frame tomorrow when its finshed
the frame cost me 60 australian dollars thats about 40 american dollars for the galvanised iron wall peer for the frame cause their strong
so here are the pics of the frame untill its made tomorrowIMG_3768.JPGIMG_3764.JPGIMG_3766.JPGIMG_3769.JPGIMG_3767.JPG
these pics start with the one i chopped up
the one next to my dog is the base and next to the shed is the top the single one is the post the reason i cut the extra one up is to make it etheir 9x9 foot or 10x10 foot im deciding that tonight before i start the build so i can fit my console and other things in to

DoctorWho8

You know, if you want a console, what you could do is build a normal size TARDIS for the front and then behind it make a small room that the console will be housed in. What it's sounding to me is you are building a TARDIS-style shed with the console in it.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff