Retfordlad's TARDIS

Started by retfordlad, Aug 06, 2005, 06:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

retfordlad

Aug 06, 2005, 06:52 pm Last Edit: Jun 03, 2010, 07:00 pm by scarfwearer
)Started mildly modding my TPE TV series box -
the door hinges/latch got switched cos it
opened the wrong way ! Doh - next its the
correct Yale lock mounted in the correct position - - more hole-filling !

Steve 8-)

retfordlad

Aug 11, 2005, 02:43 pm #1 Last Edit: Jun 03, 2010, 07:20 pm by Scarfwearer
Well, here she is - TPE Jobbie - only modding so far Blue acrylic behind the window see how it looks and the phone door on the right way round 'cos hinges and handles werent !

Also temp. St Johns scan print on the door for effect :)

HPIM0083.jpg

At least she finally made it to Virginia !! Only took - erm - about a year arguing with shipping companies/s to get her here. Would have been simpler to repair the Dematerialisation Circuit in the first place - hmmph !!

Steve 8-)

Mark

Aug 11, 2005, 03:40 pm #2 Last Edit: Jun 03, 2010, 07:01 pm by scarfwearer
That looks really nice Retford.

Is it what you were expecting, better/worse?

retfordlad

Aug 12, 2005, 01:26 am #3 Last Edit: Jun 03, 2010, 07:01 pm by scarfwearer
Thanks Mark -

Actually better now Ive settled down to it - thought it was going to be GRP ( Fibreglass ) but till all ply and MDF so rather strong but has to live indoors ! Rain, termites , Krotons ( you know, the little crunchy Garlicky things with the Blue Cheese dressing ) etc - -

Pebbled Glass arrives soon - - so 'twill be much improved !!!

Steve

Scarfwearer

Aug 12, 2005, 06:42 am #4 Last Edit: Jun 03, 2010, 07:01 pm by scarfwearer
Looks like a good starting point, Steve.
Are you planning to texture/weather it? (I have weathering on the brain at the moment).

If it was me I'd be happier with wood anyway - more solid feeling, though less good outside as you say.

Crispin

retfordlad

Aug 12, 2005, 01:49 pm #5 Last Edit: Jun 03, 2010, 07:02 pm by scarfwearer
Hi Crispin -

No texturing/weathering for now, methinks - later on down the road I dont know ! For now at least I wont cos the smooth surfaces are handy for taking molds off - just in case I decide to replace anything ( mod, mod - ) OR go straight to a GRP version for outside !

Naah, I wouldnt do that, 'tis copyright after all - -  ;D

First thing be window glass then the St.John decal at 6" diametre - - still got to get a price off the printer though ! Alas, time moves too fast even with a Tardis in th garden !

Steve 8-)