News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Fan films by type_1012_TARDIS

Started by type_1012_tardis, May 21, 2010, 08:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

type_1012_tardis

May 21, 2010, 08:21 pm Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 08:16 pm by Scarfwearer
Only got one so far:

Test Flight 1 of my TARDIS.  It's an example of 'Epic FAIL'.

It's also linked in my console build diary, in the interior section.
Filmed on May 20, 2010.
The ultimate TARDIS of ultimate destiny.  Type 1012.  Now with extra duct tape.

type_1012_tardis

Whew! Been awhile since i've seen this!

Anyways, i just thought i'd share some of my ideas for if and when i ever get around to that fan series.  Feel free to borrow them if you like, i'm sure i'm not the first to come up with them.

1) a TRON parody, complete with 80s computers and pieces of the original soundtrack
2) occasional dated internet references
3) bleeped out swears (gotta have realism!)
4) one of the main characters always breaking the 4th wall in the most hilarious ways possible
5) comedy filler episodes (such as a 1ft tall clown statue stalking the main characters after being discovered in the depths of the TARDIS)
6) throwing stuff out the doors while landed on the peak of mt. everest
7) obligatory 60's and 70's doctor who references (such as classic series joke steals reuse)
8) using lightsaber-wielding daleks (& tank daleks!) as recurring villains
9) lots of old and battered macintoshes scattered throughout the TARDIS
10) pyrotechnics shooting from the console
11) to be continued... after i think up some more

1012 out,
end of line

ripintime

Quote from: type_1012_tardis on Feb 13, 2011, 05:58 am
1) a TRON parody, complete with 80s computers and pieces of the original soundtrack
2) occasional dated internet references
3) bleeped out swears (gotta have realism!)
4) one of the main characters always breaking the 4th wall in the most hilarious ways possible
5) comedy filler episodes (such as a 1ft tall clown statue stalking the main characters after being discovered in the depths of the TARDIS)
6) throwing stuff out the doors while landed on the peak of mt. everest
7) obligatory 60's and 70's doctor who references (such as classic series joke steals reuse)
8) using lightsaber-wielding daleks (& tank daleks!) as recurring villains
9) lots of old and battered macintoshes scattered throughout the TARDIS
10) pyrotechnics shooting from the console
11) to be continued... after i think up some more

sounds great! i like number 8 and number 5 the most and also the TRON one (i recently saw the original TRON film from the 80s)

ripintime
:)Ripintime:)

type_1012_tardis

Aaak!!!
Why did the 8 come out with an emote!?!
O, wait.  Clicked said emote and it inserts identical text.
Now i feel like a moron for being 5-10 years out-of-date for emote text codes....  :(

Anyways as for the TRON idea, i intend to use more of a portal-like design, as opposed to a lazor.  Basically, a lazor like the one from TRON I would fire into the portal, swirling up the planar energies and ripping a temporary gap between the material plane and the plane of cyberspace, which i have not yet named.
(in case you don't get the reference, i have a bunch of ideas for "the universe" taken from the 3.5 edition of dungeons and dragons, some of which were mine, but based off said manuals (and yes, that includes the ethereal plane & the elemental plane of fire pyrotechnics))
Oh, and i intend there to be multiple TARDIS's in the series.
Also, i have in mind "D's theory of the 4th wall", which basically states that all fictional universes coexist, yet are kept separate by the 4th wall from the other "fictional" realities they border.  You can tell if they border by simply checking to see if fictional media (eg. books, movies, etc.) relating to that "void" exist.  Also, differing versions of the same series (eg. comic series vs. movies based off said comic series) relate to different parallel worlds within their respective void.  This is not to be confused with the concept of parallel worlds, but rather is meant to explain a bunch of subplots within said series.  I intend to explain it in a 10-minute filler episode, and specifically label it as "complex explanation filler".

And i also have planned a bunch of US cultural references, but i don't want to mention them yet; both because i don't want to spoil it, and because i'm not sure which (if any) of them those of you living in the UK would recognize.
Oh, and to specify on the imperial daleks better: only one of them uses a lightsaber (Dalek Vader).  Also, they cannot fly in space unaided (but can cling to ship's outer hulls), so they have TIE fighters, and have star destroyers instead of dalek saucers.  Also, in the episode they are introduced, the main character invents a lightsaber of his own (with 30 minute battery life, which could otherwise supply half of the world's power for a month (definitely not energy star compliant)).

type_1012_tardis

An add-on to my above comment:

First off, i have re-defined the term "burping" when it relates to TT craft.  It refers to when the craft skips to a skew point in space-time.
To further clarify, any given space-time continuum loops skew to itself infinite times in different locations, but will never run parallel to itself (as that would make it a parallel world).
Also, the fourth wall basically prevents unrelated worlds from being parallel, however, entropy has decayed certain "weak points" between many of said "fiction" voids.  Due in part to said weak points, an extremely rare few can break the 4th wall at will, with all knowledge of what fictional source tells the tale of said universe and what the script says, and the likely response of the viewers/readers.
In addition, while beyond the 4th wall in an "unrelated/fictional" universe, all visitors are temporarily able to break the 4th wall at will, but with no knowledge of said viewers or the script.
In addition, the weak points can only be hit from two angles, directly opposite each other.  Hitting it from any other angle will either mimic a CVE (extremely rare), or nothing at all will happen.
Also, said weak points are sensitive to gravity fields of planets (but not artificial gravity, for some unexplained reason), which can cause them to be picked up and held at a fixed point in orbit (or even within the atmospheric shell).
For example, a portal could form exactly 1 mile above some lake or island, and would remain fixed in that same point relative to the planet that picked it up (moving at exactly the same speed in exactly the same way).

Also, within the universe that 99% of the episodes are meant to take place in, magic does not exist, but psionics do.  This is discovered quite by accident by main character #1 in some backstory episode that takes place shortly after he obtained his TARDIS from area 51 when it closed down, in which he puts a hand on a telepathic disk and then accidentally touches a 5000 volt power cable with his other hand.

Also, whenever main character #1 touches or even looks at anything running windows, everything that could go wrong with it does (eg. BSoD, followed by the BSoD crashing, then the lappy trying to shoop-da-whoop him before going up in smoke and setting off the fire sprinklers), so he always uses mac and linux for everything.

end of line ... for now.

zebaroth

you same to have overloaded the eye harmony there  ;D
that was a funny flim