Apr 25, 2024, 07:52 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Mattsgreat's TARDIS

Started by mattsgreat, May 16, 2010, 11:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mattsgreat

May 16, 2010, 11:06 pm Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:10 pm by Scarfwearer
As promised. I've made loads of mistakes and hashed lots of ideas together so please be gentle with me!!
As someone else said here...
"It will be my Tardis"

Pic one shows the infringement I've caused to the house behind(Ahem)
Pic two shows my lights

In case youre wondering, yes the first coat of blue has two shades in patches so a final coat (Its fourth) will bring things together.
Need handles, lock, sound etc and then I can start my Dalek haha.Image028.jpgImage030.jpg

geminitimelord

Quote from: mattsgreat on May 16, 2010, 05:49 pm
Many thanks to all who replied you certainly lifted my spirits!
Also amazing to see comments from people that I regard as Tardis Builder Icons. I was a little choked upon reading.

Wow, I never thought of myself as a Tardis Builder Icon, I havent even got my TARDIS complete....  LOL  Oh maybe you didnt mean me?

I like your Build. Looks like a NST/Metropolitan Box Hybrid.. A very proud piece to display in your Garden.

What happened with the lower panels on the left side? No paint? Repair????

Sincerely the Iconic Geminitimelord  ;)

mattsgreat

Yes Gemini for many months now you and some of the other guys names have become familiar to me as I search for help. Unwittingley you have already been most helpful.
Yes Hybrid sums it up and the lower panels just need finished. Moving day tomorrow for her and I hope nothing goes too wrong.
Thanks again.
John

mordrogyn

Well clearly her was referring to me... roflmao, Of course I am joking.

Very nice looking box there, I assume the deck accounts for it's gain in height in it's new location?
(http://i50.tinypic.com/20kan9v.jpg)

mattsgreat

Now ladies lets stay calm here. There'll be no battling with giant swords whilst wearing a dressing gown on my account! ;D
Youre all stars to the noobs like me that were searching for inspiration!!!
It does look snazzy raised up on my deck but theres a more noticeable "wobble" than I had before. I based my build on Glen's build and so it's not that difficult to take apart. I'm guessing the deck needs some extra support but if anyone has any thoughts then let me know.
I had my first great "Tardis owner" moment today. Next door neighbours were having a childrens party. Whilst painting inside my Tardis I was privvy to hear nothing from the adults until the kiddies arrived. I swear to God I thought they were going to have a coronary when they saw my Tardis. Although the parents were trying to be discreet, "Yes dear it's a Tardis" the little tyke who said the following had me crying inside the Tardis with laughter....
Picture the scene, child enters small garden with trampoline, swings and slide. Whilst running with delight towards these items, from the corner of his eye he spies something familiar and blue over the fence.
Mummmmmmmmmmmy...Dadddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Doc Doc Doctor Who Doctor Who's Doctor Mummy Daddy its Doctor Who its its its its Doctor Whos postbox its the postbox its Doctor its Postbox its...(mumble from another child) YES POLICEBOX its Doctor Whos Policebox!!!!

I would have paid a million dollars for that moment. Worth every minute of frustration and I was proud as punch.

geminitimelord

Fine for Neighbor complaint on Garden Shed...........$75

Supports to move Garden Shed on Deck...........$50

Hearing Said Neighbors Kids glow with excitement over The Garden Shed........ PRICELESS!

For everything else there is MASTERCARD :)

Too bad I live in the states. I highly doubt any of the kids in the Neighborhood will know what it is. But I do suspect I will get an occasional Adult asking me where I got it LOL.....

Rassilons Rod

May 23, 2010, 07:41 am #6 Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 07:42 am by rassilonsrod
Fantastic - and to think, you were INSIDE your own TARDIS when it happened :D

Thats a moment I will never have here in Finland. But maybe one day I will be able to stiback admire the awesome epic-ness of my own TARDIS for myself :)
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

mordrogyn

Extra support on the deck won't be that difficult, it just depends on your access, if you post a picture of it standing on the deck it would be easier to see.

You may need to add a joist or two under the decking and block underneath it, which depending on your access (which looks limited) may require you to take up some of the decking to fit.
(http://i50.tinypic.com/20kan9v.jpg)

mattsgreat

Had a nice sunny day so thought I'd take the Dalek build out and take a quick pic. Tardis has been dismantled today as I 've been asked to bring it to a Children in Need event in Sheffield and Rotherham in two weeks time. looking forward to getting pics with lots of Daleks.

149 b.jpg

Rassilons Rod

In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

DoctorWho8

Nice catch, Marc.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff