Brachacki TARDIS used in DW Confidential Titles

Started by DoctorWho8, Apr 18, 2010, 05:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorWho8

Apr 18, 2010, 05:21 am Last Edit: Jul 29, 2010, 10:18 am by Scarfwearer
This has been bugging me the past couple of weeks now.  On the new Confidential titles, when the TARDIS flew by, it looked skinny!  Now I managed to make a screen cap and sure enough, it's the ORIGINAL TARDIS they're using, not the 2010 model.
vlcsnap00001lay.jpg
I wonder if the original intention was to make the 2010 TARDIS just like the original TARDIS prop, but instead it was decided to do a modified version of the existing style.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

type55tardis

I spotted that as well, you may be right .I just thought that they had done a cheapo 3D graphic and thought ,aahh well its a police box It`ll do.
so let me get this straight,A thing that looks like a Police box standing in a junkyard,It can move anywhere in Time and space ?

mechanoid

By crikey! Well spotted! Maybe it's a portent of it's return in some wider story arc? I can only live in hope

DoctorWho8

The weird thing is on the Confidentials for the last 4 specials last year, they redid the CGI TARDIS in the titles to make it looks like the current Matt Smith prop.  But in this new title sequence, that was not carried over and the Brachacki TARDIS was used instead.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

the_doctor

It's the same model that was used in the 'Doctor Who - Greatest Moments' titles which I thought was odd at the time... The new Confidential theme is quite similar to that too.

geminitimelord

Quote from: the_doctor on Apr 18, 2010, 10:15 pm
It's the same model that was used in the 'Doctor Who - Greatest Moments' titles which I thought was odd at the time... The new Confidential theme is quite similar to that too.

BUDGET CUTS

davidnagel

Regards
David

type 83

superrichi1a

I think it's just the BBC being cheap. To be honest, I reckon that it was only used because The Mill won't give up their model to be used in the credits. This has been said before, but look back at the old Confidentials, the TARDIS model has never been correct, this is most noticable when looking at The Specials Confidentials, they seem to have come up with some sort of Tennant-Smith-McGann-Hartnell hybrid. At that point, it was also evident that it was a cheap model as you could see that the side panels weren't recessed, but just textured to look like that. The doors were also not tall enough, the textures on these looked distorted and you could see light shining through from the inside, which I'd imaine would be there to light up the textures windows.
The vortex on confidential is lovely though, I've been trying to replicate it in AE.
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?