NST TARDIS - from the top - interesting

Started by mechanoid, Apr 16, 2010, 10:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mechanoid

Apr 16, 2010, 10:34 pm Last Edit: Jul 30, 2010, 12:34 am by Scarfwearer
tardis-trans.png

I thought this might interest some people. Hollow posts, I never knew!  Maybe someone knows which version it is or even whether it is just a display prop. I think that looks like electrical wire right side bottom?

cathlyn847

What would the Doctor do?

ThisJustinOnline

Its real, but its a BBC box. The real ones are hollow, but have a cap on them.

DoctorWho8

However, they didn't cap them on the hero props used in Series 1.  If you watch Rose in the overhead shot of the TARDIS exterior, it's opened.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

Rassilons Rod

Looks a bit like the roof just isn't sitting squarely on there...
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

Rox

The original of this photo has it sitting in the BBC Wales offices.  I think it was posted on the old board, and it was certainly the first version of the box.  :)
My pilot's license? That's out back in the Cessna. Or perhaps you're referring to my license to kill. Revoked. Trouble at the Kazakhstan border.

I could give you the details but then I'd have to kill you, which I can't do because my license to kill has been revoked.

slidin_sidewayz

May 07, 2013, 11:40 am #6 Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 11:41 am by slidin_sidewayz
I was just re-watching The Bells of Saint John and spotted this!
Post cap.JPG
This is the newest box, obviously, but is it me, or have they just duct-taped over the holes in the ends of the posts and then painted them? :o

kiwidoc

Good heavens - it certainly looks like it!   I'm sure we've seen versions with decent wooden caps (Girl Who Waited?) but this does look like an improvised job...