Apr 18, 2024, 11:43 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

New K9 series prop

Started by peted, Apr 14, 2010, 08:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

peted

I have the first 3 episodes of the new Aussie produced/Bob Baker written K9 tv series - they began screening on Disney XD channel on the same day as the new Who - does anybody want reference snap shots of the dog for prop building reference?

mechanoid

Apr 14, 2010, 11:29 pm #1 Last Edit: Apr 14, 2010, 11:32 pm by mechanoid
Now then, don't give a dog a bad name! He is a radical departure though. The promo vid looks very slick - http://www.k9official.com/videos.html and a trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8uqKLA6ObU

tardis10

Dec 19, 2010, 03:11 pm #2 Last Edit: Dec 19, 2010, 04:58 pm by Scarfwearer
here are pics
full_size_D5_K9D.jpg

rob49152

Just read that they are redoing the design for the 2nd season. They hated the ears as well as they were 'too Disney' and they are going to somewhere between this and classic K9

handofomega

Any reference pics floating around out there yet?

riftmaster

I have started creating plans for this version of K9. I need some high-res photos to use as reference, anyone got any?

I also need an opinion, which photo looks more like the correct shape. These are the two main shapes I am seeing, one is based on on-screen references, the other from promo photos.
Image 1: test01.png
Image 2: test02.png

My current thinking is the head of the second and body of the first, thoughts?

riftmaster

handofomega

Last weekend I was able to snag a figurine based on this new K-9.   If you would like I could take some pics of it.  I am not sure if they would help or not.

galacticprobe

Jun 30, 2012, 02:19 pm #7 Last Edit: Jun 30, 2012, 02:19 pm by galacticprobe
Pics of a figure are better than no pics at all. I say go ahead and show us what you can, and thank you for offering to do that!

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

davidnagel

I have all the DVDs if anyone wants me to screengrab. The wife and I only managed about 4 episodes (of 17?) before declaring that it really is a load of tosh.
Regards
David

warmcanofcoke

found this while surfing the net. K9_promo_back_zps31cd62c2.jpg
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.