Mar 29, 2024, 01:57 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Tennessee Tardis/ Rex's Build

Started by ratchetrex, Mar 23, 2010, 01:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ratchetrex

Mar 23, 2010, 01:32 am Last Edit: Aug 19, 2012, 12:46 am by Scarfwearer
Hey all I have been working on this since about January of this year so its been a few months in the making to get to where I am today.
Oh well enough gabbing on to some pics!
tardisbuild.jpg
Sentimental picture taken at lowes while getting the first bits of wood
tardisbuild2.jpg
Measuring up my first wall oh the joy that I had at that moment!
Tardisbuild3.jpg
At this point I had to move everything inside since this was about the time the freak snow storms hit.
Plus at this point the 4 walls are kinda wash rinse repeat
tardisbuild4.jpg
At this point I was just happy to get the Tardis back out into the fresh air, and the first time of putting walls together.
100_1001.JPG
100_1002.JPG
Blue paint moment! which I was happy with until I realized (with the keen eye of Primrodo) that I had forgotten my wall depth trim!

Well after a bit of tweaking and lots of sawing and whatnot here is how the box looks as of today with another coat of a darker shade of paint.Tardisrepainty.jpg

Any suggestions or comments are more than welcomed!! Also keep in mind this has been entirely done without the use of a table saw and on somewhat of a tight budget plus life and blah blah lol but I shall not bore you all with that thanks for looking!! Hopefully I will have another bit of updates soon and sorry for the giant first post of a build diary.

Rex

geminitimelord

Looking good! I remember those first trips to Lowes for Lumber oh so well!!

DoctorWho8

Looking the part so far.
Bill "the Doctor" Rudloff

ratchetrex

Thanks! and hopefully it will be shaping up to be an NST built based on the dims that Doctorwho8 sent thanks for those by the way!!

atomicgraph

nice build you got going there. good to see another tardis going up in the south ;) also you've got a lot done in a few months keep up the momentum and don't get discouraged when things don't go as planned, its just part of the process. good luck

ThisJustinOnline

Looking Great! Cannot wait to see when you get to the roof stage :)

DoctorWho8

You're welcome, sir.

ratchetrex

Alrighty small update but an update it is. I have the window frames in and my sign boxes made all that I have left as far as construction goes is to build the roof any tips or suggestions on roof construction?
Sorry for no pics Ill try and take some in the next week!

Scarfwearer

Glad to hear you're still chugging along. :)
Quote from: ratchetrex on Apr 18, 2010, 05:26 pm
any tips or suggestions on roof construction?

Have you looked here? [ref board=80]TARDIS Workshop :: Roof[/ref]
I'd also make sure you measure the top of the walls and see how square it actually is...

Crispin

ratchetrex

Thanks thats awesome that will help loads thanks!

ratchetrex

Alright I am still not happy at all with what color paint I am using The darker blue is what my box currently is but the lighter almost grey is a color code that I had taken off of the archieves and it really doesnt look correct. Any thoughts?

tardispaintswatches.jpg

geminitimelord

Nice Rex, the windows do look good.

Hope you arent in the flooding!

ratchetrex

downsize.jpg

Finally a decent photo of it in the day all thats left is a bit of touch up and signage then its 100% done

DoctorWho8

It's looking the part now.