Apr 18, 2024, 12:22 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

T55 outer plasmic shell

Started by type55tardis, Mar 10, 2010, 08:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

type55tardis

Mar 10, 2010, 08:14 am Last Edit: Sep 13, 2010, 10:54 am by Scarfwearer
Yesterday I decided to drag the T55 outer plasmic shell out of storage ,I was delighted to find that its stood up to the winter pretty well , the central door and 2 of the front uprights had warped slightly,but were soon repaired with 3 lengths of 7mm x 4mm rough cut wood ,I now intend to repaint and refurbish the whole assembly and add a few touches not available to me on the original build,the fun of building a plain shell is that,that's how Tardis`s look when the chameleon circuit is switched off ,and with a bit of video trickery Our Tardis has been a shed a grandfather clock and a large cupboard ( Its yet to be a police box,any offers ?)the T55 style is similar to the the Tardis`s seen at the end of the war games,and the SIDRAT (space and inter dimensional robotic all-purpose transporter,according to Terrance Dicks) I know its not a true Tardis build in the literal sense of the word but it is Fun !!b4 t55.JPG  Ill keep you informed of my progress.after.JPGsidrat -tardis.JPG
so let me get this straight,A thing that looks like a Police box standing in a junkyard,It can move anywhere in Time and space ?

type55tardis

I know it doesnt look much different,but it is ! the shell is now grey.On the original build i added small casters into the base which allow the shell to be moved around on a flat surface ,Makes it easier when you want to do De-mat effects.
so let me get this straight,A thing that looks like a Police box standing in a junkyard,It can move anywhere in Time and space ?

rocket

Sep 04, 2010, 06:51 am #2 Last Edit: Sep 05, 2010, 06:30 am by rocket
I only just found this thread, and I must say it's pretty damn cool. I was tempted to do one of these myself. Very nice indeed.
Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.

type55tardis

Thanks rocket , I`m currently planning a Rani style cupboard for the T55 to morph into.

type55tardis

Well its new year now and after being let down by some people who where going to buy our house I`m looking at building a new outer shell for the T55 ,as I have the plans for both the Sidrat and the Rani`s Tardis I`m torn between them any way I`ll keep you all updated