Apr 19, 2024, 06:13 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Original You Might Say

Started by Mark, May 02, 2005, 08:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rassilons Rod

I made a suggestion that nobody questioned. I like it, but I feel a bit like the Cat in that episode of Red Dwarf...
QuoteIf we all die, I'll never hear the last of it!
;D
In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

deck5

I think that's multiple layers of paint, pooling in particular at the bottom of the pane.

Mark

Thanks for pointing that out Dino, I felt sure there was a small chamfer. Strange how the memory plays tricks.

The Chrich box does have chamfered edges to the panels but they are very slight, almost to the point of non existence - but they are still there.

Deck5, that idea could be right although one of the pictures I have used (the one of the bottom two panels of a very dark box) is one that looks brand new (and shiny!).

RassilonsRod, I agree with you that it should make it easier however they didn't appear to add the deep chamfers to any other part of the panels (well thats what it looks like) so maybe it didn't make much of a difference?

galacticprobe

Jan 14, 2012, 07:11 pm #393 Last Edit: Jan 14, 2012, 07:13 pm by galacticprobe
Quote from: domvar on Jan 13, 2012, 10:58 pm
There were obviously different castings used at different times as the barnet dims differ so far from the crich ones.

If the real police boxes' dims differed from each other like this, and in 1963 there were police boxes with differing dims on just about every other street corner, is there any wonder why the TARDIS got her dims wrong when she tried to copy a police box? That would be enough to blow anyone's Chameleon Circuit. She probably saw they were all different, got a Chameleon Circuit version of a headache and just said "Aw, what the heck? This is close enough!" <Vwwoorrp!> And got stuck.

(Now that would be interesting to have mentioned in an episode: the differing dims of real boxes causing the Chameleon Circuit failure.)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"