Apr 27, 2024, 02:51 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Eddy's Series 5 Sonic Screwdriver

Started by eddyc, Feb 02, 2010, 01:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

merc23

really awesome, i hope to see it finished and really, really looking really awesome!!!

drew30

this is looking absolutely amazing. you deffinetely slhould feel very proud of your self. you have a great skill there.

eddyc

Thanks,

I haven't been working on this for a while due to medical problems, and now I am moving...(due to medical problems)

I will have a small shop in my new place with my lathe and mills set up full-time so I will be back at it soon.

superrichi1a

Any upcoming news on this Eddy? I've greatly enjoyed this diary so far...
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

eddyc

I'm still packing for my move on August 29th...

Once I'm in the new place I will set up the new shop and get back to work on this project.

With all of the new photos on line of the prop I'm going to be able to make mine even closer to the original prop.

stay tuned,

drew30

good luck on the move. can't wait to see more of this. it looks fantastic sofar.

eddyc

Now that my health is on an upswing I thought I would get back to this old project.

I've been doing a parts study and think I've got most of them down now.

Parts is parts.JPG

I've taken my old version and started to modify the sections to bring them up to date.

The tail and handle have not changed, but the next section with the leather grip has a lot more parts than I originally made.

Now the leather is wrapped around a plastic core cut to shape and held into place on a pipe with two washers.

I cut the plastic out on my lathe,
IMG_0334.JPG

Then cut the leather to fit...
IMG_0333.JPG 
IMG_0335.JPG

The not so fun part is sewing the leather while poking your fingers several times...
IMG_0337.JPG
IMG_0338.JPG

It does look good beside the other pieces, worth the pain.
IMG_0345.JPG

Enough for now, off to work on the Atom Stabiliser.

anakin starkiller

Your build looks great so far  :o

I know how much work this one is.  But after seeing how far you got with the Atom stablizer in such a short time, I have no doubt you'll knock this one out of the park.

-best

Dan

eddyc

Thanks, Since my health has improved and I got the Mini-Mill, I'm getting a lot more done and faster. Now all I have to do is finish the first 5 projects before I start anymore.

bluebox303

eddyc

My work on this and other projects continues in my secret underground laboratory.

childofgallifrey

Apr 13, 2013, 08:22 am #116 Last Edit: Apr 13, 2013, 08:23 am by childofgallifrey
Psst, anyone know where the secret underground lab is? I must have a look at this beautiful prop!
Sad really, isn't it? People spend all their time making nice things, and other people come along and break them.~The 2nd Doctor

steve757

Thank you Eddy for all the detailed pictures and explainations.  I learned so much from studying them my first project came off better than I had hoped.  I am REALLY motivated to save up for a 3D printer and move this hobby to a new level.

galacticprobe

Apr 21, 2013, 04:20 am #118 Last Edit: Apr 21, 2013, 04:20 am by galacticprobe
Quote from: childofgallifrey on Apr 13, 2013, 08:22 am
Psst, anyone know where the secret underground lab is?

I do... but I must warn you... he has a very tall, overly clumsy older sister named Dee-Dee guarding all entrances! ;)

And the locks are all voice coded with a secret password. So if you do get past Dee-Dee, make sure your mind isn't "stuck" so the only thing you can say is "omelette du fromage" or the timer will run out and the lab will self-destruct! ;D

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

childofgallifrey

Apr 21, 2013, 11:10 am #119 Last Edit: Apr 21, 2013, 11:13 am by childofgallifrey
O...OM...OML...OMLETTE DU FROMAGE!  :o "oh, bug..." *big explosion*
Sad really, isn't it? People spend all their time making nice things, and other people come along and break them.~The 2nd Doctor