Apr 20, 2024, 04:26 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

My new suits

Started by ThisJustinOnline, Dec 06, 2008, 03:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisJustinOnline

Dec 06, 2008, 03:53 pm Last Edit: Aug 22, 2012, 06:21 pm by Scarfwearer
A couple of years ago I had a Ten costume made up by my mother in law for a convention, quick and dirty but it did its job and I loved it! I have posted it here before of course ;)

IMG_9288.jpg

My buddy here in his WIP Five : )

This past year I have been working with a friend to get a more accurate tailored Brown suit with the elusive Joannes fabric from the States, and another contact that I have been working with to work on the coat with me.

There are a couple small details to change on the coat for its final run, and a slight fabric issue that has to be seen to, bit otherwise I quite like it and its details are great!

If the pictures are too large, please let me know and I will resize them. What do you guys think?

IMG_2770.jpg

IMG_2772.jpg

IMG_2775.jpg

IMG_2777.jpg

IMG_2778.jpg

And one of my blue one with red stripes variation:

IMG_2792.jpg

sebneale

Dec 26, 2008, 05:59 pm #1 Last Edit: Jan 27, 2010, 10:32 am by scarfwearer
Any chance you could post the patterns for the overcat at all? I've managed to find a suit that is almost EXACTLY the same as David's, simply need to add the flap to the top of the breast pocket. I know I could get the coat made by guys advertising on ebay, but when you have a seamstress in your family, why go through the bother of ebay? :)
Oh, and nice costumes and TARDIS by the way!

type 83

Just dirty up the shoes a little.
I went to the exhibition in Kelvingrove, Tennant's shoes were dirty and well worn.

I did complain that on the New Earth board they had put 'Lemon Grass' and I turned around and shouted 'APPLE GRASS!'

It was quite freaky to press a button and suddenly lights come on and reveal 8 Cybermen who start moving and talking at you.

ThisJustinOnline

Thank you!

i actually really need to update this as I have had newer updates!

purpleblancmange

Dec 06, 2008, 05:36 pm #4 Last Edit: Jul 15, 2010, 10:50 am by scarfwearer
First off, yeah, your pictures are a bit on the big side... so if you could do the honours.

Secondly.  That's a great replica suit, very nicely done.  Although I have no real interest in costumes, I did get the chance a while ago to wear David Tennant's original costume.  The suit is very thin in terms of the material, it's like shirt fabric and the pockets are very weird.  The over coat was quite interesting because when I wore it, I recognised the material from somewhere but couldn't think where, then I realised many weeks later - the footstool that my Dad made for my mother is covered in the exact same two tone stuff!  What are the chances, eh?

Anyway, great replica.

dalethetimelord

Dec 06, 2008, 06:45 pm #5 Last Edit: Jul 15, 2010, 10:50 am by scarfwearer
Quote from: purpleblancmange board=dalek thread=1005 post=18478 time=1228584963First off, yeah, your pictures are a bit on the big side... so if you could do the honours.

They fit on my screen fine... and I'm getting a lot of somewhat perverse pleasure from looking at the rear shot of Justin's behi... er... suit.  ;) ;)

purpleblancmange

Dec 06, 2008, 08:11 pm #6 Last Edit: Jul 15, 2010, 10:51 am by scarfwearer
Quote from: admin board=dalek thread=1005 post=18482 time=1228589114They fit on my screen fine...

Well, so long as the board is set up to the specs of your PC, that's alright then.  ;)

dalethetimelord

Dec 06, 2008, 10:45 pm #7 Last Edit: Jul 15, 2010, 10:51 am by scarfwearer
Quote from: purpleblancmange board=dalek thread=1005 post=18484 time=1228594316

Well, so long as the board is set up to the specs of your PC, that's alright then.  ;)

My PC doesn't need specs, it's got perfectly good vision.  Right now it's looking at David Tennant. Mmmmm.

Doctor Iz

Dec 06, 2008, 11:19 pm #8 Last Edit: Jul 15, 2010, 10:51 am by scarfwearer
Quote from: admin board=dalek thread=1005 post=18482 time=1228589114
They fit on my screen fine... and I'm getting a lot of somewhat perverse pleasure from looking at the rear shot of Justin's behi... er... suit.  ;) ;)

That made me laugh, because I thought of the same sort thing and as I read on seeing Dale's post, I realized I wasn't alone.  That is what the Face of Bo said to the good Doctor at one time.  ;) 

Justin, nice suits and coat.  Love it! ;D[/quote]
Quote from: driz board=costumes thread=1502 post=18486 time=1228605577
Quote from: admin board=dalek thread=1005 post=18482 time=1228589114

That made me laugh, because I thought of the same sort thing and as I read on seeing Dale's post, I realized I wasn't alone.  That is what the Face of Bo said to the good Doctor at one time.  ;) 

Justin, nice suits and coat.  Love it! ;D
(http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/jonizdo/Logos/DRIZ_rev20080226copy-2.jpg)

ThisJustinOnline

Dec 07, 2008, 05:46 am #9 Last Edit: Jul 15, 2010, 10:51 am by scarfwearer
Thanks guys!

Purp is that better?

Completely jealous that you got to wear the costume! I tried to replicate the pockets, including the behind the flap ones on the jacket. I know the colour on mine is off, but closest I could get! Someone is looking into custom printing too.

I am pretty happy about the coat though, but teh fabric has been rubbing off :\

purpleblancmange

Dec 07, 2008, 08:36 am #10 Last Edit: Jul 15, 2010, 10:52 am by scarfwearer
Picture size is better thanks, but now Dale's going to have to get his magnifying glass out so that he can inspect your "costume" in close detail.

To be honest, I wouldn't be too worried about the colour of the over coat as it doesn't look glaringly off, it's a compromise and doesn't detract at all from the over-all appearance.  As I always say here, so long as you're happy with what you make and it looks like what it's meant to look like, then what does it matter if it's ever so slightly off?  I look at your suit and think, "Great David Tennant costume" and isn't that the point, it does a job and does it well.

EDITED because one day I'll learn to type in English.

geminitimelord

Dec 07, 2008, 04:28 pm #11 Last Edit: Jul 15, 2010, 10:52 am by scarfwearer
Quote from: driz board=dalek thread=1005 post=18486 time=1228605577

Justin, nice suits and coat.  Love it! ;D

Jon you have issues!

Primrodo, Nice outfit, personally I could have done without the BUM shot but my eyes are gradually returning to normal.

Nice kitchen, wish mine would have turned out like that when I remodeled it.

On the TARDIS rebuild at Chicago TARDIS, I believe the NST does have Square Panels. I wasnt there but from the Pictures it looks pretty authentic to me. They even got the wood grain look to her.

Scott

geminitimelord

Dec 07, 2008, 04:40 pm #12 Last Edit: Jul 15, 2010, 10:52 am by scarfwearer
Justin, I forgot Nice TARDIS Shot, What is on the front of your Police Box Sign? It looks like someone tossed a few rocks into it?

Also I see you have snow on yours, How is she holding up to a Northern Winter? Soon I will expose mine to the weather. Did you do anything special to protect the roof?

Scott

ThisJustinOnline

Dec 07, 2008, 10:26 pm #13 Last Edit: Jul 15, 2010, 10:52 am by scarfwearer
The back shot was to show the correct pattern on the back :P

The NST does not actually have square panels, they are rectangular, just not super evident. By making them perfectly square I think it widened it a tad. http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/Primrodo/TARDIS%20Building/12.jpg

The sign "damage" is just moisture that got its way intothere, I am figureing out new ways to stop that from happening.

The winter held well, but if you check out my build thread you will see that its not up this year for good reason.

geminitimelord

Dec 08, 2008, 05:05 am #14 Last Edit: Jul 15, 2010, 10:52 am by scarfwearer
Quote from: primrodo board=dalek thread=1005 post=18504 time=1228688775The back shot was to show the correct pattern on the back :P

The NST does not actually have square panels, they are rectangular, just not super evident. By making them perfectly square I think it widened it a tad. http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/Primrodo/TARDIS%20Building/12.jpg

The sign "damage" is just moisture that got its way intothere, I am figureing out new ways to stop that from happening.

The winter held well, but if you check out my build thread you will see that its not up this year for good reason.

Well I stand corrected. Come to think of it I was looking at my TARDIS Bank which is NST and assumed it was correct. Looking at the picture your point is noted.

I will check the thread on the winter weather and your TARDIS.  Thanks.