Reference pictures:Mk Ia Console (Refurb 2) (1977)

Started by Scarfwearer, May 13, 2009, 11:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarfwearer

May 13, 2009, 11:48 am Last Edit: Feb 09, 2010, 08:13 pm by Scarfwearer
IEtbfSMALL.jpg
Quote from: PurpleBlancmange board=faq thread=12 post=29 time=1234259433The Invisible Enemy:  The larger console is brought out of storage and refurbed once more. The controls are slightly rearranged, but are effectively pretty much as they were in season 13, only with all the transparent control housings removed.  The console is yet again fiddled with over the coming years.

Destiny of the Daleks:  In this season, the console has the large red lever added - but it isn't always used for the door control... in fact everything seems to control the doors for this period of the console's history.

Meglos:  The rotor has had 3 new strip lights added, replacing the 6 smaller versions that were stacked two high in each of the three upright red columns. The controls are the same, but some are on in different possitions. Two of the panels are modified extensively.

Castrovalva:  A new mechanism is built for the rotor. It's much quieter this time around.  Some of the controls are added to and repainted. From this story onward, the red lever exclusively becomes the door controller.

The Arc of Infinity:  Another upgrade, new controls added and the control panel bases are repaired.

The Kings Demons:  This is the last time we see this "original" much modified original console.

Please feel free to add photo references for this prop here, making sure that your photo is of the prop used during the correct era above.

For a full summary of the console history, see Purple's FAQ entry.

Teletran

Aug 18, 2009, 10:35 am #1 Last Edit: Jan 26, 2010, 10:35 am by scarfwearer
again not about the console, (sorry) but I just noticed that the scanner went from two shutters to one during season 19 probably at the same time as the new rotor motor (rotor motor? ::) ) was instaled, as for the new motor being quieter than the old one I imagine they were practicaly identical. Apparently the gearboxes get grumbley in their old age.
(http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1360/omni02g.jpg)

davidnagel

Sep 15, 2009, 11:22 pm #2 Last Edit: Aug 04, 2015, 01:54 pm by davidnagel
d5-6g-045.jpg
Regards
David

davidnagel

Nov 17, 2009, 11:05 am #3 Last Edit: Oct 08, 2015, 02:59 pm by davidnagel
043.JPG070.JPG102.JPG

Stolen from the Tragical History Tour website.
Regards
David

DoctorWho8

Nov 17, 2009, 07:08 pm #4 Last Edit: Jan 26, 2010, 10:36 am by scarfwearer
The first two seem to be from Keeper of Traken and the last one is defiantly Logopolis.
Bill Rudloff

davidnagel

Nov 23, 2009, 01:25 pm #5 Last Edit: Oct 08, 2015, 03:00 pm by davidnagel
You're probably right. I just find these things and keep em, neglect to remember where I find them though! :P

And here's another one from the Tragical History Tour website:

157.JPG
Regards
David

greatwazoo42

It took me a while to realize there was a console in those pictures.   ;D

warmcanofcoke

Jan 18, 2011, 06:57 pm #7 Last Edit: Aug 07, 2019, 06:14 am by warmcanofcoke
inside.jpginside.jpg

Quote from: greatwazoo42 on Jan 18, 2011, 06:51 pm
It took me a while to realize there was a console in those pictures.   ;D

it is true that when the camera is moving the picture does become blurry - but there is still much to be learned from the images. Construction of the base of the console, color of the illuminated lights, orientation of the panels during that particular episode, that weird Brass colored microphone in The Invasion of time, etc.

or did you mean you were checking out the companions?  ;D
why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

warmcanofcoke

kiwidoc

Hi, someone on a NZ fan forum posted the attached picture from his visit to the 20th Anniversary exhibition at Longleat, (he grew up in the UK) showing the central column sitting on top of the console.  Thought it might be of interest here.Longleat1983_098.jpg

davidnagel

Regards
David

rob49152

Oh I recognize those shots  from Enlightenment. I did the CGI on them! man that feels like it was ages ago.

seanclarke1

Hello All,

I recently purchased the "Longleat '83 The Lost Footage"  DVD.  Here are some clearer screen grabs.

LLF01.jpg
LLF02.jpg
LLF03.jpg

Best regards,
Sean Clarke.

davidnagel

A picture I had not seen before:

vlcsnap-2016-04-06-01h25m24s894.jpg

Taken from the "Journey" Behind the Scenes video.
Regards
David

warmcanofcoke

Just watching Full Circle - Saw some interesting things.

adric%20002_zpsrqrd0jyf.jpg
These little white dots along the red line almost look like Circular Gallifreyan (they are not.)

adric%20003_zpsdiq1kgnt.jpg
Pencil with a name or maybe lines from the script.