Apr 20, 2024, 07:58 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V

Started by elkad, Sep 17, 2019, 09:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

karsthotep

another awesome build,   you really nail these builds man.
I want notes, lists and answers by the time I finish this here Juicy-a-Box! WARNING: I am Thirst-ay! And it is Fruit Punch! And it is Delicious!"

warmcanofcoke

why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

Davros Skaro

Oct 09, 2019, 10:19 pm #17 Last Edit: Oct 09, 2019, 10:20 pm by Davros Skaro
I was watching "Day of the Daleks" & they have a similar gun to this, but in silver & no crystal at he front.
It could be a reused modified prop.

Here are some pics:
anat.jpg
Day 2 (Doctor gun).jpg
Day-Of-The-Daleks.jpg

Yours looks great too.

Chris.
Chris.

elkad

Quote from: Davros Skaro on Oct 09, 2019, 10:19 pm
I was watching "Day of the Daleks" & they have a similar gun to this, but in silver & no crystal at he front.
It could be a reused modified prop.
Yours looks great too.
Chris.

I know,  ;D  I all ready made a version of that one. I have a link to my Day Of The Daleks Guerilla Version at the top of the thread.  8)

elkad

Oct 26, 2019, 07:21 pm #19 Last Edit: Oct 26, 2019, 07:48 pm by elkad
At the moment, I am making the sniper attachment. Since I have no detailed images of the front or the bottom the the sniper gun. I'm making it up as I go from the one image in the reference screencaps.

Lest start of with how to attach it to the barrel. All I can see from the image is its attached to the crystal target emitter. (gives me a little artistic leeway on the design.)  ;D  1" gray PVC

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (111).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (112).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (113).jpg

1/2" white PVC for the target emitter. I had to grind a little inside to fit the end of the emitter. (You think I made the barrel to long?)

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (114).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (115).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (116).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (117).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (118).jpg

Now a joining pipe for the sniper barrel. (You think this would look better with an acrylic joint than a PVC?)

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (119).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (120).jpg

I had to make the gap wider to accommodate the connector to the target emitter.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (121).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (122).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (123).jpg

Now making the fins on the end of the gun. All I know is there are 8 all together, & possibly the same width, but I can't tell from the angel of the barrel in the screencaps. So I'll give it a little slope for looks.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (124).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (125).jpg

If your curious why I'm building the sniper attachment, instead of the finishing the wiring. Looking around YouTube, I found 3 igniter possibility's. A nichrome wire igniter, a disposable camera flash capacitor, & an arc lighter. I decided to make an arc igniter for the pyrotechnics. Since the other two, you had to replace the wire, & that would be tedious, & the arc lighter had no igniting wires. I'm waiting for the electronics to come in the mail. They estimate the coming month.

maxresdefault.jpg

warmcanofcoke

why doesn't the Guide mention them? - Oh, it's not very accurate.
Oh? - I'm researching the new edition.

elkad

elkad

Oct 29, 2019, 07:43 pm #22 Last Edit: Oct 29, 2019, 07:50 pm by elkad
Marked out the tube so I know if it shifts when I'm drilling. Then I drill a hole threw the inner tube & outer tube, slide it slightly & drill two more holes. Drimile them out & make a slider bar. Put a pin in the top tube & glue it down. (By the way, the pin is a bit of old wire hanger I scrounged.)

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (126).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (128).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (127).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (129).jpg

For the target ring I use more wire hanger. I tried two methods. Bending by hand & spiraling around a 1" tube. The spiral I cut off at the bend & striate point of the ring. (Everybody likes to see sparks when working. :D ) The hand made ring was closer to the size of the prop.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (130).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (131).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (132).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (133).jpg

For the ring target, I forget the size of the acrylic. I made rings in the rod with a paper disk.  Little tip, sand or drimal down a flat aria on the front & back when you begin with the smallest drill bit you have. Also, drill only half way & then continue on the other side. When the drill bit came out the other side it nearly cracked the rod in half. More wire hanger for the ring target.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (134).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (135).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (136).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (137).jpg

elkad

Nov 02, 2019, 05:30 pm #23 Last Edit: Nov 02, 2019, 05:52 pm by elkad
Making the ring target plug & emitter or small pyrotechnic barrel. I made it out of 3 hole saw cut pieces witch I glued together & lathed down. Once that's done I drill out a 3/8" hole, & a little sanding to make a 1/4" copper tube fit, for the pyrotechnic.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (138).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (139).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (141).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (142).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (143).jpg

I thought I needed to sand this nib down to lay the target ring on, but after reviewing the screencaps I didn't need to. I soldered the ring & stem & inserted it in the nib with a pare of pliers, so I don't brake the solder.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (152).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (153).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (154).jpg

I'm using... ??? I forgot what the size of this acrylic tube is....I'll just measure it out with my Handy Dandy Caliper Tool. ;D

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (140).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (144).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (145).jpg

Now we mark out the tube with a pipe cuter & cut it the rest of the way with a hand saw.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (146).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (147).jpg

When I started sanding down the ends & tried to insert the copper tube, more sanding was needed. I bored out the center with a 3/8" stepper drill then a solid 3/8 drill bit. (I should have dune this bit while it was still attached to the rest of the pipe. I had to drill it with a vice & oil. It cracked a bit.)

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (148).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (149).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (150).jpg

I was getting nowhere with the 3/8 bit & went for sanding down the copper tube to fit. Using a marker to indicate a smooth sanding. Mark it, Sand it.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (151).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (155).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (156).jpg

You think I should keep it like this or?...

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (157).jpg

Or like this?

amitter disign.jpg

I thought making the handle under the sniper barrel from a PVC stencil. But I decided to go with a 3 barrel triangle thing with 3/8" wood dowel. The handle grip would be in two parts to accommodate the brake in the sniper barrel.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (158).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (159).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (160).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (161).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (162).jpg

I taped the parts down so the won't slide apart while they dry.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (163).jpg

A plug for the end of the tube that attaches to the gun. Need to grind down the tip to fit. I marked out the donut hole by sliding it in the other end & marking out the points where they meet. Grind it, & slide it in threw the back again, (not all the way) add a bit of glue at the end & press the rest of the way.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (164).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (165).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (166).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (167).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (168).jpg

I drill a hole below the plug & cut a divot in the hand grip to thread the wire.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (169).jpg

SO,.. What do you think so far?  8)

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (170).jpg

Davros Skaro

Looking good so far, keep up the good work, looking forward to the next update.  :D :)

Chris.
Chris.

elkad

Nov 05, 2019, 05:32 pm #25 Last Edit: Nov 05, 2019, 05:33 pm by elkad
I painted it, added some silver painted dowel rod on the back part of the gun grip, & added some silver craft wire around the tip of the gun grip.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (171).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (172).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (173).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (174).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (175).jpg

I ground, sand, & tried to get the tip emitter as flat & striate as possible. (I may have a drill lathe attachment, but I need some tools & a stand to make an accurate level cone.)

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (176).jpg

Panted the nib of the barrel. I used a 3/8 dowel rod to hold it. (I usually paint on a hook, but this is more stable, & wont blow on the ground when I spry it.)

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (177).jpg

What I have so far.... ;D

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (178).jpg

KIT-KAT

No, not the mind probe!

Davros Skaro

I agree, that does look fantastic, well done.

You certainly keep amazing us with you fantastic work & skills with what you have.

Chris.
Chris.

elkad

Nov 17, 2019, 06:31 pm #28 Last Edit: Nov 17, 2019, 06:48 pm by elkad
Technically I finished the prop for the light emitters, but I still like to finish the pyrotechnic part too. I just got my Arc Lighter circuit board in the mail. It may be labeled but the wire coil is confusing me.

3A 3-5V HV-1 High Voltage Pressure Igniter Module DIY Kit Arc Ignition Generator

3A 3-5V HV-1 High Voltage Pressure Igniter Module DIY Kit Arc Ignition Generator.jpghttps://youtu.be/e-5v1QQNQ-E?list=PL657FF151C1D41FBC

I'll have a video soon.

http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=10099.msg122227#msg122227

elkad

Nov 20, 2019, 08:10 pm #29 Last Edit: Nov 20, 2019, 08:15 pm by elkad
Making a combustion & ZAP, tube. For the Pyrotechnic.
I'm soldering a copper tube to a copper sheet. Prepare the sheet & tube by sanding, then add a little solder paste & solder inside. (you don't need much, I found out the hard way. clogged up  :-X ) I hold the pipe in place with...ah.. what's this thing called with the alligator clips?

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (188).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (189).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (190).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (191).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (192).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (193).jpg

Next we heat the tube with a butane lighter or solder torch.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (194).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (195).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (196).jpg

Next, cut the extra copper off, sand & drill a hole using a stepper bit.

Sonic Disintegrator Draconian V (197).jpgSonic Disintegrator Draconian V (198).jpg